Vice President released Commemorative Postage Stamp of Maulana Hasrat Mohani
Hamid Ansari released a commemorative postage stamp in the honour of Maulana Hasrat Mohani, who was a freedom fighter and an eminent poet.
Hamid Ansari, the Vice President of India on 25 February 2014 released a commemorative postage stamp in the honour of Maulana Hasrat Mohani in New Delhi. Mohani was a freedom fighter and an eminent poet.
Hasrat Mohani alongwith Ali brothers (Muhammad Ali and Shaukat Ali), Maulana Azad and Hakim Ajmal Khan were the part of the Khilafat Committee formed by Indian National Congress in 1919.
About Maulana Hasrat Mohani
• Maulana Hasrat Mohani was the first person who raised the issue of complete independence in Indian National Congress Meet in Ahmadabad in 1921
• He was also the first Indian leader to propose guerrilla warfare for achieving independence from the British rulers
• He is called as Mohani as he was born at village Mohan in district Unao of UP in 1878
• He launched a literary magazine named Urdu-e-Moalla and in 1908 he was sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment by British government for publishing an article against British policies in Egypt
• He was also arrested again in 1916 for his involvement in Reshmi Romal Tehrik (Silk Letter Movement organised by the Deobandi leaders between 1913 to 1920)
• He died on 13 May 1951 at Lucknow
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS