Viju Khote, Sholay’s Kalia, passes away at 77
Viju Khote played the role of 'Kalia' in the film Sholay. This character left such a deep impression on the hearts of people that even today he is known for his character.
Viju Khote, Veteran Bollywood actor, has passed away on 30 September 2019. He was 77. He was suffering from multiple health issues for a long time. He took his breath at his home in Mumbai. Viju Khote was most famous for his roles in Sholay as 'Kalia' and in Andaz Apna Apna as 'Robert'. Apart from movies, he was also performed a memorable role in TV Show Zabaan Sambhalke.
Viju Khote was also praised for his outstanding performance in several Marathi films. Viju Khote started his career in the year 1964. Rishi Kapoor among many other Bollywood actors tweeted on his death. Rishi Kapoor tweeted that they used to go for bike riding together. He also wrote that he will miss him.
Andaz Apna Apna's dialogue 'Galti Se Mistake Ho Gaya' and Sholay’s 'Maine Apka Namak Khaya Hai Sardar' became so popular that even today people repeat it.
Viju Khote’s Last Movie
Viju Khote's last film was Jaane Kyun De Yaaron which was released in the year 2018. He has also appeared in director Rohit Shetty's film 'Golmaal-3'. He played the role of 'Shambhu' Kaka in the film. There is a wave of mourning over the news of Viju Khote's demise throughout the Bollywood industry. Many people have expressed grief over his death.
About Viju Khote
- Viju Khote was born on 17 December 1941 in Mumbai. He was a well-known actor in Hindi films.
- Viju Khote has worked in more than 300 Marathi and Hindi films. Some of his memorable films are China Gate, Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Karz, Golmaal 3 etc.
- He had worked in many TV serials and Marathi plays.
- As per the media reports, Viju Khote took Rs. 2,500 for his role in Sholay.
- Viju Khote’s family was also associated with stage and acting. His father Nandu Khote was a famous stage actor however his cousin sister Shubha Khote also worked in various movies and TV serials.