Viktor Troicki on 16 January 2016 outlasted Grigor Dimitrov in an epic 82-minute third set to claim the 2016 WTA Apia International title of Tennis in the men’s single category.
Troicki defeated Bulgaria’s Dimitrov by 2–6, 6–1, 7–6, (9–7) score in the final match played at Sydney, Australia. The Serbian player has become the fourth player in the Open era to claim back-to-back Sydney International titles.
About Viktor Troicki
• Viktor Troicki is a Serbian professional tennis player of Russian and Serbian heritage.
• He won his first ATP singles title at the 2010 Kremlin Cup by defeating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the second round and Marcos Baghdatis in the final.
• He won his second ATP singles title at the 2015 Apia International Sydney beating Mikhail Kukushkin in the final.
• He also won an ATP doubles title with Christopher Kas at the 2010 PTT Thailand Open.
• His biggest achievement was winning the deciding rubber in Serbia's Davis Cup final against France in 2010, which eventually lifted him to his career-high singles ranking of World No. 12 in June 2011.
About 2016 Apia International Sydney
• The 2016 Apia International Sydney was a joint 2016 ATP World Tour and 2016 WTA Tour tennis tournament.
• It was played on outdoor hard courts in Sydney, New South Wales.
• It was the 123rd edition of the tournament and took place at the NSW Tennis Centre in Sydney, Australia.
• It was held as part of the Australian Open Series in preparation for the first Grand Slam of the year.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Viktor Troicki
When: 16 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.