Viveck Goenka was on 7 September 2017 unanimously elected as the Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI). Goenka succeeds Riyad Mathew of the Malayala Manorama group.
Prior to this appointment, Goenka was serving as the Vice-Chairman of PTI. The post of Vice-Chairman of PTI will now be administered by N Ravi, former editor-in-chief of The Hindu.
About Viveck Goenka
• Viveck Goenka presently serves as the Chairman and Managing Director of the Express Group, the most widespread newspaper publishing groups that publishes The Indian Express, Financial Express, Marathi daily Loksatta, Hindi daily Jansatta and various news websites.
• An engineer by qualification, Goenka is also the Director of Indian Newspaper Society (INS) and a member of Advertising Association’s India chapter.
• Previously, he also served as Chairman of the United News of India.
• He was also a Council Member of Audit Bureau of Circulation.
• Being the Head of the non-profit Ramnath Goenka Foundation, Goenka launched the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards which are now in their 12th year.
• Besides being a journalist, Goenka is a wildlife photographer and a keen student of conservation.
CBI-Alok Verma Dispute: SC orders CVC to hand over probe report to Alok Verma for his response
SC issues directions to 8 High Courts, State Governments on appointment of Judges
NITI Aayog organises South Asian Regional Conference on Urban Infrastructure
NITI Aayog constitutes 'Himalayan State Regional Council'