Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 1 July to 7 July 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Henley Passport Index 2019, RBI Deputy Director, G-20 Summit, National Citizen Register and ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile among others.
24 June to 30 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Henley Passport Index 2019, RBI Deputy Director, G-20 Summit, National Citizen Register and ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile among others.
1. Which batsman became the first Indian to cross 1000-run mark in 2019?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) KL Rahul
d) Rishabh Pant
2. India recently signed a deal to buy ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from which country?
3. What is India’s position in Henley Passport Index 2019?
4. Who has been recently re-appointed as RBI’s Deputy Director?
a) NS Viswanathan
b) RP Verma
c) SP Chaudhary
d) KK Shankar
5. Union Jal Shakti Ministry recently launched which initiative for water conservation and water security in 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts?
a) Jal Shakti Abhiyan
b) Jal Shakti Morcha
c) Jal Shakti Yojana
d) Jal Shakti Samman
6. Which country banned single-use plastic shopping bags with effect from 1 July 2019?
d) New Zealand
7. Which state government has decided to prepare the National Citizen Register on the basis of Assam Government?
b) Tamil Nadu
8. Which organisation launched the STRIDE scheme to boost research culture in institutions?
a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
b) University Grants Commission
c) Central Board of Secondary Education
d) Ministry of Skill Development
9. The Economic Survey 2019 has projected how much growth in GDP in 2019-20?
a) 8 percent
b) 7 percent
c) 9 percent
d) 11 percent
10. The world- renowned Jagannath Rath Yatra has begun in which Indian state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
1. (b) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma becomes the first Indian batsman to cross 1000-run mark in ODIs in 2019 after hitting a century in India vs Bangladesh cricket match of ICC World Cup 2019.
2. (a) Russia
India signed Rs 200 crore deal to buy ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile from Russia for making its fleet of Mi-35 attack choppers. Recently, the Indian Air Force has acquired the Spice-2000 stand-off weapon system.
3. (d) 86th
India is ranked at the 86th position in the Henley Passport Index 2019 with a mobility score of 58. India shares the position with Mauritiana and Sao Tome and Principe. In 2018, India was ranked at the 79th position.
4. (a)NS Viswanathan
The Appointment Commitments of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of NS Viswanathan as Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of one year with effect from 4 July. Earlier on June 24, RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigned six months before the scheduled end of his term to return to New York University.
5. (a) Jal Shakti Abhiyan
Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat recently launched Jal Shakti Abhiyan for water conservation and water security in 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts.
6. (d) New Zealand
New Zealand banned single-use plastic shopping bags with effect from 1 July 2019. New Zealand retailers will no longer be able to sell or distribute any single-use plastic bags. Over 80 countries have already introduced such similar bans.
7. (c) Nagaland
Nagaland government has decided to start a variant of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), and the updating process is ongoing in Assam to detect illegal immigrants. With an objective to prevent the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates, the Nagaland government has decided to set up a Register of Indigenous Inhabitants Certificates of Nagaland (RIIN) soon, said officials.
8. (b) University Grants Commission
University Grants Commission (UGC) launched the STRIDE scheme to enhance the research culture and innovation in colleges and universities. STRIDE stands for “Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy.”
9. (b) 7 percent
The Economic Survey has projected 7 percent growth in GDP in 2019-20. The Economic survey was tabled by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Parliament on July 4, 2019.
10. (b) Odisha
The world-famous Jagannath Rath Yatra began at Puri in Odisha on July 4, 2019. Lakhs of people are gathering in Puri to witness Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra riding three giant wooden chariots as they travel to Gundicha temple.