Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 11 November to 17 November 2019
11 November to 17 November 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section.
11 November to 17 November 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics like 11th BRICS Summit, H-1B visa rule and Spain’s General elections among others.
1. Where was the 11th BRICS Summit 2019 held?
c) South Africa
2. How many members will be comprised in newly constituted larger bench for Sabarimala case?
3. What is the name of a first female officer who will be posted in Russia as 'Naval Attache' by Indian Navy?
a) Karabi Gogoi
b) Lalita Mathur
c) Anjali Mohan
d) Nandini Awasthi
4. What is the name of famous mathematician from Bihar who passed away recently?
a) Basant Sagar
b) Vashishtha Narayan Singh
c) Harish Chandra
d) Rahul Sachdeva
Also Read | Current Affairs Quiz 15 November 2019
5. Kindly select the name of the country whose President will be the Chief Guest of Republic Day 2020.
6. Which of the following country has retained H-1B visa rule that gives work permit to spouses of Indians living in that country?
8. Choose the correct date when National Education Day 2019 is observed?
a) 10 November
b) 11 November
c) 12 November
d) 13 November
8. Which party has recently won the maximum number of seats in Spain’s General elections?
a) Conservative Popular Party
b) Socialist Workers' Party
c) Vox Party
d) Green party
1. (a) Brazil
Brazil is the host country of 11th BRICS Summit 2019. This year’s theme of the BRICS Summit is - 'Economic Growth for an Innovative Future'.
2. (c) Seven
Sabrimala Case has been referred to a larger bench of 7 judges by the Supreme Court. The ruling was delivered by a five-judge constitutional bench by 3:2 majority.
3. (a) Karabi Gogoi
Lieutenant Commander Karbi Gogoi is the first female officer of Indian Navy who will be posted as Naval Attache in Russia. Anjali Singh will be also posted in Russia as Deputy Air Attache. She, Karbi Gogoi, is currently posted in Karnataka as an engineer.
4. (b) Vashishtha Narayan Singh
Famous mathematician Vashishtha Narayan passed away recently. It is famous about him that once he challenged Einstein's theory of relativity. In 1969, he completed his PhD from the University of California.
5. (d) Brazil
The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi invited Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro as the chief guest of Republic Day celebration of India. On the other hand, Bolsonaro has confirmed his acceptance of an invitation. Also, he will be accompanied by a large business delegation.
6. (a) US
The USA has retained the H-1B visa rule that provides work permit to spouses. This announcement will bring some relief to those Indians who are living in the United States.
7. (b) 11 November
Every year National Education Day is observed on November 11. This day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of India’s first education minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. He was awarded Bharat Ratna in 1992.
8. (b) Socialist Workers' Party
The Socialist Workers' Party has won the maximum number of seats in Spain’s general election results, which came out on November 10. The party won 120 seats out of a total of 350 seats, falling short of a clear majority.