Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 17 February to 23 February 2020
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Laureus World Sports Awards 2020, Shaheen Bagh, Manohar Parrikar and Moody's estimation among others.
17 February to 23 February 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Laureus World Sports Awards 2020, Shaheen Bagh, Manohar Parrikar and Moody's estimation among others.
1. Who among the following won Laureus World Sports Awards 2020 under best sporting moment category?
a. MS Dhoni
b. Sania Mirza
c. Rahul Dravid
d. Sachin Tendulkar
2. On which day Soil Health Card Day is observed across the India every year?
a. February 20
b. February 19
c. February 18
d. February 17
3. As per the State of India’s Birds 2020 Report, what is the status of House Sparrow in India?
c. Strong Decline
d. Data not Available
4. Which of the following countries has successfully test-fired Ra’ad-II Cruise Missile recently?
5. What is the name of Indian institute that was renamed after Manohar Parrikar?
a. Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
b. Indian Institute of Advance Technology (IIAT)
c. Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
d. Institute for Agricultural Studies (IAS)
6. Pradhanmantri Fasal Beema Yojana national conference held in which place in India?
7. What is the new GDP estimation growth rate for India by Moody's?
a. 6.2 percent
b. 5.4 percent
c. 5.8 percent
d. 6.9 percent
8. How many interlocutors have been named by the Supreme Court of India to bring some solution of Shaheen Bagh?
9. What is the name of former Bengali actor and TMC MP died recently?
a. Tapas Pal
b. Somesh Ghosh
c. Raghav Desai
d. Arjun Berman
10. Wrestlers of which country will not be able to participate in Asian Wrestling Championship?
c. South Korea
1. (d) Sachin Tendulkar
The Laureus Sporting Moment Award for 2000-2020 was recently won by Sachin Tendulkar. He was declared winner on the basis of votes. The award was decided over a picture that shows team India carrying Sachin Tendulkar on shoulders after winning 2011 ICC World Cup.
2. (b) February 19
National Soil Health Card Day is celebrated in the country on February 19 every year. PM Narendra Modi launched first Soil Health Card on February 19, 2015 that’s why this day is celebrated on November 19 every year.
3. (a) Stable
The report tells about the status of birds in India. It highlights that the numbers of House Sparrow have declined in urban areas of the country. However, the population of House Sparrow is almost stable in other parts of the country.
4. (C) Pakistan
A cruise missile named Ra’ad-II was recently test-fired by Pakistan. According to the media reports,. It can hit a target in 600 km of range. Now, Pakistan government believes that Ra’ad missile can improve the military capability on land and at the sea.
5. (a) Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
The Government of India has decided to rename Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) as the ‘Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses’. Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi has been also renamed as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan and Foreign Service Institute.
6. (a) Udaipur
The fourth National Conference on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana was organized in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
7. (b) 5.4 percent
Moody's lowered India's GDP growth forecast for 2020 to 5.4% from 6.6%. Moody’s growth projections are depending on present calendar year. According to its estimates, India’s GDP growth in 2019 was 5 percent.
8. (d) Two
The Supreme Court-appointed advocate Sanjay Hegde and Sadhana Ramachandran as interlocutors in the Shaheen Bagh case. The apex court has informed that both interlocutors have to submit their report in a week.
9. (a) Tapas Pal
Former Bengali actor and Trinmool Congress (TMC) MP Tapas Pal passed away on February 18, 2020, in Mumbai. He was 61. He made his debut in the Bengali movie industry with Tarun Majumdar’s film Dadar Kirti.
10. (a) China
Chinese wrestlers will not be able to participate in the Asian Wrestling Championships to be held in Delhi. The decsison has been taken as the Indian government has not issued visas to them due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in China.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS