Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna and Asha Bhosale are to be honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards 2013 to be given on 30 April 2013 at Bhaidas Auditorium in suburban Vile Parle in Mumbai. Asha Bhosle will be honoured with the Phalke Ratna Award for the contributions made by her in the field of music for over a period of five decades.
Late Yash Chopra for his contributions to Indian Film Industry will be posthumously awarded with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award. Pamela the wife of the iconic filmmaker Yash Chopra will receive the Saraswatibai Phalke Award.
Few more recipients for the 13th Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Awards
• Prem Chopra will be honoured with the Phalke Senior Actor (Negative Role) Award
• Mala Sinha will be honoured with the Phalke Icon Cine Artiste Award
• Rajesh Khanna will be honoured with the first superstar of Indian Cinema Award.
• Akshay Kumar will be hounoured with Best Actor Award for Rowdy Rathore
• Dimple Kapadia will get the Phalke Ever Memorable actor award
• Manoj Bajapi will get the Phalke Excellent Performance award for the film Gangs of Wasseyur Irrfan Khan will receive the Phalke Memorable Performance Award for Paan Singh Tomar Phalke Versatile Actor award will be presented to Govinda
• Phalke Debut Actor Award will be presented to the newcomer of bollywood, Arjun Kapoor
• Phalke Best Supporting Actor Award for Khiladi 786 will be given to Himesh Reshamiya
• Disha Vakani and Dilip Joshi will be honoured with the best TV actor and actress in small screen category, for their performances in the popular show, Tarak Mehta Ka Ulta Chashma
Dada Saheb Phalke is known as the Father of Indian Cinema and was the first producer, director and screen-writer of India for the silver screen. His first film was Raja Harishchandra in 1913.
The Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Awards are presented annually to celebrate the jayanti of Dada Saheb Phalke. On this occasion different people from Bollywood are honoured with trophies for their outstanding contribution to the Indian Film Industry.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.