Rajiv Gandhi's 76th Birth Anniversary: GK Questions and Answers on Rajiv Gandhi
Rajiv Gandhi's 76th Birth Anniversary: Rajiv Gandhi became the youngest Prime Minister of India after the assassination of his mother Smt. Indira Gandhi. On the 76th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi said he is proud to have him as his father.
1. Rajiv Gandhi was born on:
A. 13 August 1940
B. 16 August 1942
C. 20 August 1944
D. 28 August 1945
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi was born on 20 August 1944 into the Gandhi family in Bombay.
2. What is the name of the house where Rajiv Gandhi spent his early childhood days?
A. Teen Murti House
B. Saran House
C. Murti Murli House
D. Sewanadan House
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi spent his early childhood days in Teen Murti House with his grandfather where Indira Gandhi served as the Prime Minister's hostess.
3. In which school Rajiv Gandhi got admission first?
A. Elite Doon School
B. Welham Prep
C. Rose Marry School
D. None of the above
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi went to school at Welham Prep in Dehradun but soon moved to the residential Doon School in the Himalayan foothills.
4. In which year Rajiv Gandhi married Sonia Gandhi?
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi met Edvige Antonia Albina Maino (Sonia Gandhi) an Italian, at Cambridge. They were married in 1968 in New Delhi.
5. Before entering into the politics what was the profession of Rajiv Gandhi?
D. None of the above
Explanation: Before entering into the politics, Rajiv Gandhi was a professional pilot for Indian Airlines.
6. When did Rajiv Gandhi become the Prime Minister of India?
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India in 1984 after the assassination of his mother on 31 October 1984.
7. When did Rajiv Gandhi announce a National Policy on Education (NPE)?
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi announced the National Policy on Education (NPE) in 1986 to modernise and expand higher education programs in India.
8. In which year MTNL was established by the efforts of Rajiv Gandhi?
Explanation: Rajiv Gandhi brought a revolution in the field of information technology and telecom. By his efforts, the Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) was established in 1986.
9. When Rajiv Gandhi signed the Indo-Sri Lanka Peace Accord with Sri Lankan President J.R Jayewardene?
A. 23 July 1986
B. 29 July 1987
C. 29 August 1987
D. 28 June 1986
Explanation: The Indo-Sri Lanka Peace Accord was signed by Rajiv Gandhi and the Sri Lankan President J. R. Jayewardene, in Colombo on 29 July 1987.
10. In which year Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated?
Explanation: On 21 May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi reached Sriperumbudur, Chennai in Tamil Nadu to address a rally where he was assassinated.