GK Questions with answers on Environment & Ecology- Composition Set I
GK Questions with answers on GK Questions with answers on Environment & Ecology- Composition Set I consist of 10 MCQs that are created while keeping in mind the relevance of the subject and its importance for an examination point of view. These MCQs helps the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc.
1. What is the average density of Earth's surface?
A. 5.5 g/cm3
B. 6.5 g/cm3
C. 15 g/cm3
D. 21 g/cm3
2. Which of the following pollutant is not present in the vehicular emissions?
C. Carbon Monoxide
D. Particulate Matter
3. Which microorganism acts as a biological indicator for the Sulphur dioxide pollution?
4. Which of the following plant species introduced in India appeared to be a trouble due to its heavy growth in the Indian water bodies?
D. Nux Vomica
5. When oxides of sulphur and nitrogen are present in the rain, the rain water becomes:-
6. The compound containing three atoms of oxygen which protects the environment is known as:-
A. Hydrogen Peroxide
D. Nitrous oxide
7. In which of the following years, oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico occurred?
8. The term used for the conservation of ecosystem, natural habitats and the maintenance and recovery of viable population of species in their natural surroundings is:
A. Core Conservation
B. In-Situ Conservation
C. Ex-Situ Conservation
D. Peripheral Conservation
9. Which of the following day is celebrated as World Environment Day?
10. In which of the following years, 'Project Tiger' was launched in India?