GK Quiz and Answer on Indian Polity: High Court of the State
The role of the courts in a democratic country like India is very important. That is why it is expected from the aspirants of different services to have good understanding of Indian Judicial System. So to cater these aspirants we made a quiz of 10 questions based on the "High Court in India".
1. Which of the following is the latest High Court in India?
2. How many High Courts are in the India currently?
3. Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) The institution of High Court in India was first formed in 1862
(B) Article 214 to 231 of the Indian constitution envisages about the powers of the High Court
(C) Only Delhi is a Union territory which has its own High Court
(D) Only Parliament determines the number of judges in the High Court
4. Who can extend the jurisdiction of a High Court?
(A) Parliament of India
(B) President of India
(C) Supreme Court of India
(D) The governor of the state
5. Who does not participate in the appointment of the High Court Judge?
(A) Governor of the State
(B) Chief Minister of the state
(C) Chief Justice of the High Court of the respective state
(D) President of India
6. Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) The Governor administers the High Court Judge
(B) The Judge of the High Court submits his resignation letter to the Chief Justice of the same court
(C) A person can remain a judge in the High Court up to the age of 62 years
(D) No High Court Judge has been impeached so far
7. On which ground a High Court Judge can be impeached?
(A) Proven misconduct
(C) Both a and b
(D) None of the above
8. How can the High Court Judge be removed?
(A) A resolution passed by the general majority of the Parliament
(B) By the Supreme Court on the advice of the President
(C) A resolution passed by the special majority of the respective state
(D) A resolution passed by the Parliament With a special majority
9. The High Court judge gets the pension from……..
(A) India's Accumulated Fund
(B) From the Accumulated Fund of the State
(C) From Contingency Fund
(D) None of the following
10. Which of the following state does not have a High Court?