Jagran Josh is presenting a quiz of ten MCQs based on Advocate General of the State & All India Services. It will help you in understanding the trend of questions for different competitive exams.
1. Advocate General of the State is appointed for the period of:
(a) 5 years
(b) 6 years
(c) Decided by the President
(d) No fix tenure
2. Advocate General of the State submits his resignation to:
(a) Chief Judge of high court of the state
(b) Governor of the respective states
(c) President of India
(d) Chief Minister of the state
3. Which article states that each state shall have an Advocate General?
(a) Article 194
(b) Article 177
(c) Article 197
(d) Article 165
4. Which one is NOT correct regarding Advocate General of State?
(a) He has the right of audience in any Court in the State Legislative
(b) The Advocate General is the first law officer of a State.
(c) He receives the Pay as per fixation by Government.
(d) He has the voting right in the state legislature.
5. What is the salary of the Advocate General of the State?
(c) Remuneration not fixed by Constitution
(d) As decided by the President
6. Which article of Indian constitution protects the civil servants from the politically motivated or vindictive action
(a) Article 109
(b) Article 19
(c) Article 311
(d) None of the above
7. Which have the right to start an Indian service?
(a) Rajya Sabha
(b) Lok Sabha
8. Civil services day is observed on:
(a) 23 April
(b) 21 July
(c) 4 November
(d) 21 April
9. Which Ministry/Authority has the right to remove the incompetent, inefficient and unproductive All India Service officers after 15 years of service?
(a) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(b) Ministry of Home Affairs
(d) State Government
10. The members of the UPSC are appointed by the............. for the term of ......years.
(a) Prime Minister, 6 years
(b) President, 6 years
(c) President , 5 years
(d) Home minister, 6 years
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.