It is being observed that there are so many questions are asked in the recent competitive exams based on the Ancient History. General Knowledge Quiz section is a repository of Multiple Choice Questions that will equip you with so many questions based on the deep analysis of the theory related to the different topics of Ancient History.
1. Which among the following is not a correct pair?
A. Ellora Caves – Rastrakuta Rulers
B. Mahabalipuram – Pallava Rulers
C. Khajuraho – Chandellas
D. Elephanta Caves – Mauyra Era
2. Which among the following Kavya of Sanskrit, deal with court intrigues & access to power of Chandragupta Maurya?
3. On which of the following systems of Hindu Philosophy , Shankaracharya wrote commentary in 9th century AD?
4. The eighth-century tripartite power struggle was among which of the following?
A. Cholas, Rastrakutas and Yadavas,
B. Chalukyas, Pallavas and Pandyas
C. Cholas, Pandyas and Chalukyas
D. Chalukyas, Pallavas and Yadavas
5. Which among the following is not correct
A. The capital of pandyas was Madurai
B. The capital of Cheras was Vanchi
C. Capital of the Videha Kingdom – Mithila
D. Capital of Gahadwal Dynasty – Kannauj
6. Which king started the organization of Kumbh fair at Allahabad?
B. Dhruvasena Ii
7. Upnishads are books on :
D. Social life
8. Who was the first Indian ruler who had territory outside India?
B. Chandragupta Maurya
9. Which of the following statement is wrong?
A. Sunga dynasty was founded by pushyamitra
B. Ashoka the great Mauryan king died in 332 BC
C. Ashoka invaded the kalinga in 261 BC
D. Chandragupta Maurya earned the title of the Liberator.
10. Who among the following was worshipped during Early Vedic Civilization?
D. All the above
11. Where were the hymns of Rigveda composed?
D. Uttar Pradesh
12. Which among the following is a place in Larkana district of Sind province in Pakistan?
13. What led to the end of Indus Valley Civilization?
A. Invasion of Aryans
B. Recurrent Floods
D. All the above
14. Who was the main male God worshipped by Indus people?
A. Lord Vishnu
15. Which empire lasted the longest among the following?
A. The Palas
B. The Pratiharas
C. The Rashtrakutas
D. The Senas
16. Which of the following statement is wrong?
A. Dharmpala was the founder of Pala dynasty.
B. Vikramashila University was founded by Dharmpala ?
C. Bhoja was the founder of Pritihara Empire.
D. Krishna III was the last Rashtrakuta king.
17. Which of the following statement is/ are correct?
I. In the 326 BC Alexander invaded India.
II. Ambhi (king of TaxilA. welcomed Alexander and his men
III. Alexander died in 332 BC
A. All are correct
B. Only I, III
C. Only I, II
D. II, III
18. Who was the ruler of the kingdom between the rivers Jhelum and Chenab?
A. Alexander the Great
B. Darius III
C. King Porus
D. Chandragupta Maurya
19. Who was the last Hindu emperor of northern India?
B. Pulakesin II
20. Which of the following statement is/are correct?
I. Pulakesn I was the first ruler of the Chalukya dynasty?
II. Harshavardhana attacked the Chalukya territory during 608-642 AD?
III. Vikramaditya I died in 608 A.D.
A. All are correct
B. Only I
C. Only II,III
D. Only I, III
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
GK Questions and Answers on the Champaran Satyagraha
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India