Indian Air Force invites application from male candidates for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) in July 2013 to join in courses mentioned below.
Name of the Course
- No. 12 Short Service Commission Course (12 SSC)
- No. 83 Aeronautical Engineer's Course (83 AEC) (Permanent Commission)
- No. 55 Short Service Commission Course (55 SSC)
Ground Duty Branches
- No. 134 Ground Duty Officers' Course (134 GDOC) (Permanent Commission)
- No. 27 Short Service Commission Course (27 SSC)
Important Dates for AFCAT Men 02/2012
- Opening date for applying online/ sending application: 9 June 2012
- Closing date for applying online/ sending application: 9 July 2012
- Closing date for sending receipt of application (from remote areas): 16 July 2012
- Date for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT): 26 August 2012
- Course will commence from: July 2013
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT Men 02/2012
- Flying Branch: Graduates in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE/ B Tech degree from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate
- Technical Branch: BE/ BTech in Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics/ Mechanical) OR cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India OR Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies
- Ground Duty Branch
a) Administration & Logistics: Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks/ or a Post Graduate Degree/ equivalent Diploma in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together
b) Accounts: B Com with a minimum of 60% marks OR M Com/ CA/ ICWA with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together
c) Education: Post Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together
Age Limit (as on 1 July 2013)
- Flying Branch: Minimum 19 years; Maximum 23 years
- Technical Branch: Minimum 18 years; Maximum 28 years
- Ground Duty Branch: Minimum 20 years; Graduates (Max 23 yrs); Post Graduates/ LLB (Five years integrated course) (Max 25 years); LLB (3 years course after Graduation) (Max 26 years); For M Ed/ PhD/ CA/ ICWA (Max 27 years)
Type of Commission
a) Permanent Commission: Candidates will serve till the age of superannuation.
b) Short Service Commission: 14 years from the date of commissioning for SSC Flying Branch (not extendable) and 10 years for technical and ground duty branches with an extension of 4 years subject to availability of vacancies.
Selection Procedure for AFCAT Men 02/2012
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) will be conducted for candidates at the designated examination centres. The test will be of 2 hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and Aptitude. Candidates who clear the AFCAT will be called for further testing at the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi. The second round of test will consist of the following examination.
- Stage I- Intelligence Test
- Stage II- Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview
Candidates selected after stage II will undergo branch specific test based on their eligibility/ choice of branches
- Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) for flying branch
- Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) for technical branch
- Medical Test
Note: Candidates who have failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier attempt OR a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
How to Apply for AFCAT Men 02/2012: Candidates can either apply online on the site http://careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/default.asp OR Offline by sending their application to AFCAT Cell, Post Bag No-5, RK Puram (Main) P.O., New Delhi-110066 by ordinary post only. The application should be super scribed as ‘Application for Air Force Common Admission Test: 26 August 2012'.
For more details, please CLICK HERE