Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) invited application for recruitment to 27 posts of Research Assistant & Assistant Professor. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 27 April 2015.
Last date for receipt of applications: 27 April 2015
Details of Post
- Research Assistant: 10 posts
- Assistant Professor: 17 posts
- Research Assistant: Bachelor Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce from any recognized University with either Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Agricultural Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Business Administration, Business Management, Geography or Commerce as one of the subjects. Preference shall be given to the Honours Graduates.
- Assistant Professor: Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. 2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. 3) Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and procedure for Award of Ph.D.Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
Age Limit: Between 21 to 38 years
- Research Assistant: Rs.8,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- PB-3 plus a Grade Pay of Rs.4300/- PM
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- Grade Pay of Rs. 6,600/- with other allowances as admissible.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test and Personal Interview.
How to Apply
Candidates eligible and interested in the profile can send their applications duly filled and enclosed with essential documents to the Commission’s office before 27 April 2015.