Can Study Leaves be taken after joining SSC Jobs?

In this article, we have shared all possible conditions for availing study leaves including maximum period, emoluments, permission and certificate required at the time of applying.

Updated: Jan 11, 2017 12:35 IST

SSC conducts CGL and CHSL every year to recruit candidates for various government departments in the Government of India. These jobs are considered to be very good; considering the fact that they offer job stability along with a good salary package. But what make these jobs more interesting are the perks and allowances you get for being a government servant. You can avail of study leave, maternity leave, sick leave & etc. in these jobs. In this article, we will discuss about the study leave facility available to the government servants recruited through Staff Selection Commission.

SSC Jobs: How to avail Study Leaves?

SSC jobs are considered very good in terms of friendliness these jobs offer to the employees. You can avail various Leaves depending upon your requirements and obligations. So, how and when you should go for a study leave in case of SSC Jobs?

How to crack SSC CGL in First attempt?

  • You need to serve for a minimum time: According to the Department of Personnel and Training Volume-I:  regarding study leaves, it is mentioned that you are required to serve at least a minimum period of seven years before applying for such a leave. This is also a relaxation in case of people working in north eastern states where you can avail the same after 6 years of continuous service in the concerned department of your posting.
  • Your course matters a lot: This is important since you have to convince the government that your course will directly benefit your discharge of duties in your department or your course should be related to public administration and your higher authority is convinced that you’re acquiring the degree will be for the public good.
  • The time of the course is limited: You can avail of study leaves for not more than 12 months at a time, albeit in extraordinary circumstances. In your entire career, you can opt for study leave of not more than of 24 months.
  • You need permission for overseas study leave: You need to take the permission of the central government or if you are serving in any state, then both the central government and the concerned state government in this context.
  • Allowance is granted for study leave: Yes, you are going to be paid for the study leave you have availed and it is mandatory that the leave is of less than or equal to 24 months in order to be eligible for this allowance. The allowance depends on the country you have opted for, your course study.
  • You need to show the certificate of course to the government: This is mandatory for any government employee since the government wants to see the works you have done or the projects you have undertaken during your study leave so that they may understand the benefit of doing that course.
  •  Fees to be generally borne by the candidates: If you are planning for study leave, you have to bear the total expenses of the course in most of the cases. However, in exceptional cases, the government may reimburse the course fees to the employee concerned.

Study Leaves can be taken by government employees. But you need to complete a number of formalities before you can go on leave from your duty. So, plan accordingly and meet all the conditions before you go for a long study leave from your job.

Which is the best job profile through SSC CGL?

Are there any short cuts to crack SSC Exams?

All the Best!!

Jagran Play
रोमांचक गेम्स खेलें और जीतें एक लाख रुपए तक कैश
ludo_expresssnakes_ladderLudo miniCricket smash
ludo_expresssnakes_ladderLudo miniCricket smash

Related Categories

Comment (0)

Post Comment

0 + 7 =
Disclaimer: Comments will be moderated by Jagranjosh editorial team. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant will not be published. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.