Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a premiere body that conducts recruitment exams for hiring manpower for various government departments and ministries across the country. It is responsible for conducting the entire recruitment process and filter out deserving and best possible candidates for official and clerical posts in various department of the government. Lakhs of candidates take up written examination and personal interview taken up by the commission to get placed in a government sector. Aspiring candidates fight out real hard for their position in the government sector, for a secure job and a respectable career. The promotion prospects of the jobs offered through the SSC is also lucrative and a better career prospect awaits the candidates, attracting more and more people to try their mettle through the recruitment process. Hence, the competition becomes quite tough for the posts offered by the SSC. It conducts Secondary, Higher Secondary, Graduate Level and specialised trade recruitment for the various government departments in different posts and ranks. The syllabus and examination pattern differs for each of the examinations and the level of difficulty also depends on the type of post.
Short Cuts to Crack SSC Exams
There is never a short cut to success and only hard work and intent to achieve something allows you to reach your goal. The exams conducted by SSC are nothing different and it requires regular practice and hard work from the candidates to clear the tests. Though there are a few tips, following which the candidates can score well and ensure their chance of clearing the SSC Exams.
• Go through specific syllabus and examinations pattern: The syllabus, examination pattern and difficulty level of each of the examinations organized by SSC differ and candidates must undergo them before even filling up the form for the same. This allows the candidates to know their boundaries and requirements to undergo preparation for the concerned examination. If certain post demands typing and other skills candidates must also try and learn the same before they get tested for it. They should be fully prepared mentally, that they are eligible in every way, and then apply for any specific post and examination of SSC.
• Work on the Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning papers: These are two papers which are really time-consuming and confusing for any candidates. Whether you have a good quantitative base or not; it doesn’t change anything, as you need to be really fast and accurate while solving the question for the paper. The best way to solve this problem is by learning strategies, tricks, methods and short cut tips to approach the questions while you prepare yourself. These methods can immensely increase your problem solving ability and help you get through the entire paper with confidence.
• Practice by scribbling on paper: It is a good habit to practice your problems on paper. This creates a long remembrance on part of the candidates and they can always reflect back upon the way they have solved a certain problem, while preparing. This is also helpful in remembering words and their corresponding meaning while preparing for English Language paper. The habit of scribbling down important points and then going through them every day, helps you remember the information in the general awareness paper as well.
• Manage your time through the day: You do not need to study for the whole day long. You need to prepare a proper time table, giving adequate time to each and every paper of the examination. Managing a time table allows you to invest your time and energy to quite a lot of other things of importance and provides you the adequate confidence in your day-to-day life. You need to divide your time according to your ease and study in between to get best results.
• Follow previous year questions and undergo mock questions: Following the questions asked in the previous year gives an idea about the importance of certain questions that are asked in a paper. Undergoing mock question set gives you an impression of the time you are clocking, which you can always better, over time, during your preparation.