Career in Hospitality Management
MBA in Hospitality management is usually taken up by the aspirants who have interest in service as a profession. Read the article to know what it holds for you.
Hospitality is one of the flourishing and emerging sectors in our nation today as lots of tourists come every day and hence there is a need to cater them with what is called as Hospitality Management. Those students and aspirants who have a quest for travelling and hospitality can well grow and perpetuate in this booming sector of today as well as tomorrow looking into the aspects that it has a very strong growth and astonishing future.
The hospitality Industry is entirely considered to be a skilled and managerial professional industry where the concerned persons need to be highly skilled on one hand and managerial thoughts on the other hand.
MBA in Hospitality Management provides a lot of opportunities and flourishing career prospects across the globe. The wings of its career prospects aren’t limited to only national scope but it covers international scopes as well. Some of the essential and important fields are:
- Facilities management service provider
- Hospital and Institutional catering
- Travel agencies
- State tourism development corporations
- Shipping and cruise lines
- International food chains
- National food chains
Besides these the various other possible job sectors includes:
- Business units
- Real estate
- Sales and Marketing
- Revenue management etc.
Top colleges for MBA-Hospitality Management
There are a number of colleges which facilitate with the career options of MBA-Hospitality Management. Some of the top most institutes are as mentioned below:
- Amity school of Hospitality, Noida
- Institute of Hotel Management- IHM , Kolkata-Goa-Guwahati
- International Institute Of Business Management [IIBM], New Delhi.
- Gem B- School, Mysore.
- Bangalore Management Academy, Bnagalore.
- Institute Of International Management & Technology [IIMT], Gurgaon.
- Lovely Profesional University [LPU], Punjab.
- Dr.Y.S.R National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad etc.
A graduate in any stream with a minimum of 50% is eligible for admissions.
These Colleges take admissions on the basis of the performances in the National level entrance exams like :
- Some of the colleges go for their self-assessment tests for the intake as well.
Many big brands like ITC, Maurya, 5 Star deluxe Hotels, hospitals, etc go for campus recruitment in these colleges and offer handsome pay packages of around 3-4 Lakhs per annum initially and with due course of time and experience adherence the salary as well as the post increasesNut-Shell:
If we talk in general terms then Hospitality Management is prepares the students and the aspirants in this field to become experts and committed to serve people in all dimensions.
Career with hospitality Management is really professionally stimulating and takes the aspirant to newer heights in terms of pay packages as well as job satisfaction.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.