CBSE Introduces Concept of Open Text Based Assessment for Class IX and XI
The CBSE is all set to introduce a new assessment element that is the concept of Open Text based Assessment (OTBA) for IX and XI Class.
The Central Board Of Secondary Education is all set to introduce a new assessment element that is the concept of Open Text- based Assessment (OTBA) for IX and XI Class. This concept will assist in furnishing the diverse abilities of individual strength of students. From Summative Assessment II that will be held on March 2014, student will encounter this new concept in their examination pattern. This will help student in enhancing their theoretical and analytical skills and prevent them from cramming.
Objective of this new element
• For class IX this will apply to all subjects whereas this concept will apply in fews Class XI subjects including Economics, Biology, Geography.
• It will introduce Value Based Questions and extend all main subjects to 15-20 percent. The textual material will be provided to the schools prior to the commencement of the Summative Assessment II.
• This Open Text Based Assessment will comprise of different questions related to higher order thinking skill which include creative, subjective and open ended.
• The textual material only contains the important concepts of the syllabus. This student can get this material in the form of a diagram, a concept/mind map, a case study, a picture or cartoon, an article or problem/situation based queries.
• This will be followed from the second term.