Chemical Kinetics-Important Questions & Preparation Tips
In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Chemical Kinetics
The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying
- Define chemical kinetic and reason that why it is studied
- Average and instantaneous rate of reaction along with the graphical representation
- Relation between chemical kinetics and thermodynamics
- Expression of average rate of reaction for a reaction
- Significance of minus sign with the concentration of reactant
- Unit of rate of reaction
- Factor influencing the rate of reaction
- Define rate law and rate constant along the expression
- Order of reaction and its application
- Difference between elementary and complex reaction
- Unit of rate constant for different order of reactions
- Difference between order and molecularity of reaction
- Why the slowest step is consider as rate determining step?
- For a reaction, A + B --------> Product; the rate law is given by, r = k [A]1/2 [B]2.What is the order of the reaction?
- Determination of zero order reaction and Variation in the concentration vs time plot for a zero order reaction to fined the slop of the zero order reaction
- A plot between ln[R] and t for a first order reaction to fined the slope
- Fined the slope of first order reaction from plot of log [R]0 /[R] vs time
- The initial concentration of N2O5 in the following first order reaction N2O5(g) ----------> 2 NO2(g) + 1/2O2 (g) was 1.24 × 10–2 mol L–1 at 318 K. The concentration of N2O5 after 60 minutes was 0.20 × 10–2 mol L–1.Calculate the rate constant of the reaction at 318 K.
- Relation between rate constant and half life for zero and first order reaction
- What do you mean by pseudo first order reaction? Define by taking one example
- How rate of reaction depends on temperature? Explain
- Relation between rate of reaction and Arrhenius factor or the frequency factor or pre-exponential factor.
- Define most probable kinetic energy and formation of activated complex
- Explain the effect of catalyst on rate constant by plotting a graph between potential energy and reaction coordinate
- A substance reacts according to the first order kinetics and rate constant for the reaction is 1x 10-2 Sec-1. If initial concentration is 1M. Find out the rate of reaction after 1 minute.
- The rate of a reaction becomes four times when the temperature changes from 293 K to 313 K. Calculate the energy of activation (Ea) of the reaction assuming that it does not change with temperature. [R = 8.314 J/K mol, log 4 = 0.6021
- Define collision frequency
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, Practice papers, study material, NCERT solutions And Much More……