CMAT Logical Reasoning Practice questions Set-4: This practice set has 10 questions with their answers and Explanatory answers covering topics from the areas of Logical Reasoning.This Practice set includes the Questions as per the CMAT Exam pattern and syllabus.
Directions (1 -4): Study the following information and answer the questions given below:
An annual festival was held at Delhi University. In this festival Rahul, Neenu, sonam and Priya, each won a first place in one of the four events: academics, music, theatre and sports, not necessarily in that order. Curiously, each winner also won a second place and a third place in two other of these four events.
Study the following clues and answer the questions that follow:
I. The one who was placed second in sports was third in music.
II. The winner of the theatre contest was placed third in sports.
III. Priya did not come first in academic or music.
IV. Priya was a close second behind Sonam in one of the four events.
V. Neenu was placed third in theatre, but did not get a place in academic, and was not first in music.
1. Who is the winner in the theatre event?
2. Which of the following is/are correct?
I. Sonam won first position in academic.
II. Sonam won second position in sports.
III. Sonam won third position in music.
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Only III
d) All I, II and III
3. Who among the following did not occupy any position, from 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in music?
4. Who among the following did not occupy any position, from 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in sports?
a) Can’t say
5. Statement: A is in which direction with reference to B?
I. D is in north of c who is the west of B.
II. A is the east of D.
III. A is to the North –east of C.
a) Only I and II
b) Only III
c) Any two of the three.
d) All I, II and III are necessary.
6. Read the following information and answer the question.
a +b, means a is the mother of b
a % b, means a is the father of b
a – b, means a is the sister of b
Which of the following means ‘o’ is the daughter of the ‘J’?
a) J % O +Y
b) j + Y % O
c) J –O + Y
d) data inadequate
Given Below is a passage followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity
a) If inference is definitely true.
b) If inference is probably true.
c) If the inference definitely false.
d) If inference is probably false.
Under the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, a child’s natural guardian, both of person and property, is first the father and then the mother. The law thus buttressed the patriarchal structure. With its recent judgment allowing unwed mothers to apply for sole guardianship of minor children, the Supreme Court has removed one more brick from this edifice.
7. As per the old Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, the mothers were given preference over fathers when it comes to guardianship of the child.
8. A and C are parallel roads and road A is I km to the south of B and 2 km north of D. A and B are ½ km apart. How much apart is A and C?
a) 1 km
b) 1/2 km
c) 2 km
d) Cannot be determined
Directions (9 – 10) In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer-
9. Statements: All plates are spoons.
All spoons are forks.
No forks are bowls.
All utensils are forks.
I. All bowls are spoon is a possibility
II. Some bowls are plates.
III. Some forks are bowls is a possibility
IV. All spoons can never be utensils.
a) None follows
b) Only I and IV follow
c) Only II follows
d) Only II and III follow
e) None of these
10. Statements: All computers are boards.
All boards are design.
Some designs are photograph.
All photograph are nuts.
Conclusions: I. No nuts are boards.
II. All design are nuts is a possibility
III. All boards are computers is a possibility
a) Only II follows.
b) Only III and follow.
c) Only II and III follow.
d) Only I and III follow.
e) None of these.
1 to 4 Explanation for the question
5. From statement I
From Statements I and II
A is in north direction with respect to B.
6. J % O , means j is father of O. O+Y, means O is mother of Y. Then, O is daughter of J.
7. It can be clearly inferred from the passage that the old Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act buttressed the patriarchal structure where a child’s natural guardian, both of person and property, is first the father and then the mother.