Commissioner of Customs, Kolkata invited applications for recruitment to the post of Skipper Mate, Artisan, Sukhani, Launch Mechanic, Engine Driver, Senior Deck Hand, Seaman and Greaser. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 28 February 2017.
Last Date for receipt of Application forms: 28 February 2017
Commissioner of Customs, Kolkata Vacancy Details
- Skipper Mate: 1 post
- Artisan: 2 posts
- Sukhani: 10 posts
- Launch Mechanic: 5 posts
- Engine Driver: 1 post
- Senior Deck Hand: 1 post
- Seaman: 23 posts
- Greaser: 15 posts
Eligibility Criteria for Seaman & Other Posts
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- Skipper Mate: 10th passed or equivalent with 5 years sea experience.
- Artisan: Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/National Certificate of Vocational Training/Apprenticeship in reputed craft building yard in hull construction in Fibre class Re-inforce Plastic with minimum 4 years experience.
- Sukhani: 8th passed and 7 years service on sea going vessel with 2 years experience in independent handling of mechanized craft fitted with auxiliary sails.
- Launch Mechanic: 8th passed and 5 years service on sea going vessel with 1 year independent charge of engine and auxiliary machine.
- Engine Driver: 8th passed and 10 years service on sea going vessel with 5 years independent auxiliary machine.
- Senior Deck Hand: 8th passed and 5 years service on sea going vessel with 2 years in Helmsman & Seamanship work.
- Seaman: 10th passed or equivalent with 3 years experience in sea going Mechanized vessel with 2 years in Helmsman & Seamanship work.
- Greaser: 10th passed or equivalent with 3 years experience in sea going Mechanized vessels on main and auxiliary machinery maintenance.
- Skipper Mate, Artisan, Sukhani, Launch Mechanic, Senior Deck Hand: Between 18-30 Years
- Engine Driver: Between 18-35 Years
- Seaman, Greaser: Between 18-25 Years
How to Apply for Kolkata Customs Department Seaman & Other Posts
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to the Additional Commissioner (P&V), Commissionerate of Customs (Preventive), W.B., Kolkata, Custom House, 3rd Floor, 15/1 Strand Road, Kolkata-700001, West Bengal. Last date of receipt of application is 28 February 2017.