G N Ramachandran Gold Medal for Excellence in Biological Sciences &Technology is named after Professor G N Ramachandran by CSIR. The Medal is bestowed every year to the Scientist for his/ her outstanding work done in Biological Sciences & Technology in last ten years mainly in India. CSIR invited nominations from eligible candidates for this award for the year 2013.
- Last date to receive nomination: 31 May 2013
- Date of Award Ceremony: 26 September 2013 (CSIR Foundation Day)
- Any Indian citizen, Overseas citizen of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) (working in India) in research in Biological Sciences & Technology.
- A person in the opinion of Advisory Committee constituted by CSIR, has made noticeably significant and outstanding contributions to human knowledge and progress, fundamental or applied in the particular field of endeavour, which is his / her specialization.
- Contributions made through work done mainly in India in the last ten years
- Member of the Governing Body (CSIR), Presidents of approved scientific societies and academies of all-India character, Vice-Chancellors of Universities; Deemed Universities and Institutions of national importance, Directors of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), DG of the major R & D organizations, Member in-charge (Science) in the Planning Commission and previous GNR Gold Medal Awardees can propose the name of the candidate.
- Besides these, University Faculties may also suggest scientists working in their institutes only and must be nominated through their respective Vice-Chancellors, however the faculties in IITs should send their nominations through their Directors.
- DG of R & D Organisations and Chairperson of Commissions may sponsor names of the scientists working in their respective companies. The Directors of CSIR laboratories can nominate candidates in disciplines of their interest.
- GNR Gold Medal holders can send nomination of one person only.
Nominating authorities must note that a candidate, once nominated, would be considered for a total period of three years.
The selection of the medal recipient is done on the basis of their submitted statement of work and attainment by an advisory committee of maximum seven members constituted by DG, CSIR.
How to File Nomination
- Nominations should be filed in the prescribed performa at the website of CSIR accompanied with detailed statements of work and attainments of the nominee and a critical assessment report (max. 500 words) briefing the importance of noteworthy research and development contributions of the nominee in the past ten years prior to year of award.
- The nomination along with Digital photograph (JPEG), softcopy of duly filled performa (preferably in MS-WORD) and softcopy of significant publications (preferably in PDF) of the nominee on a single CD/DVD must reach to the undersigned on or before the last date:
SSB YSA Unit
Human Resource Development (HRD) Group
New Delhi 110 012
For further details, please visit http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/