Current Affairs has emerged as one of the deciding sections of IAS Exam. The IAS aspirants should not take Current Affairs as easy as it seems during IAS Preparation. Better preparation of Current Affairs could play a major role in scoring better in IAS Prelims as well as in IAS Mains Exam.
1. Which of the following expert committee has been set up to suggests that the Saraswati River was not mythical and it existed?
a. AK Singh
b. Shashi Shekhar
c. KS Valdiya
d. Madhav Chitale
Report on Palaeo Channel of North West India: Review & Assessment by Expert Committee was released by Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation recently.
The report prepared by a seven-member committee headed by Prof KS Valdiya, eminent Geologist suggests that the Saraswati River was not mythical and it existed. The report is an assertion of the assumption that River Saraswati originated from Adibadri in Himalaya to culminate in the Arabian Sea through the Runn of Kutch.
2. Recently an important bilateral cooperation in railway sector, a Protocol for feasibility study of speed raising of Nagpur-Secundrabad Railway Corridor was signed by Indian Railways with which of the following country?
c. United Kingdom
In an important bilateral cooperation in railway sector, a Protocol for feasibility study of speed raising of Nagpur-Secundrabad Railway Corridor was signed between Indian Railways and Russian Railways.
The Protocol covers technical and execution study for upgradation of the speed of passenger trains in Nagpur- Secundrabad section upto 200 kmph. This project will be jointly financed by Indian Railways and Russian Railways with 50% cost share of each party. The Protocol was signed by Mr. Naveen Kumar Shukla, Adviser/Mobility/Railway Board from Indian side and Mr. O V Belozerov, President, Russian Railways from Russian side.
3. The National Commission for Scheduled Castes has submitted its reports to the President of India recently. The commission was headed by whom among the following?
a. PL Punia
b. AK Singh
c. Shashi Shekhar
d. KS Valdiya
The National Commission for Scheduled Castes headed by its Chairman Shri P.L. Punia submitted the following Reports today to the President of India.
The Annual Report 2016-17 contains various recommendations on the issues entrusted to the Commission regarding protection of Constitutional Safeguards of the Scheduled Castes as enshrined in Constitution of India. The Report on Scholarships is on problems faced by Scheduled Castes students in obtaining Scholarships and contains recommendations to solve these problems. The third report contains recommendations on how to improve the plight of Safai Karamcharis.
4. With which of the following country India has signed an agreement for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology?
India and Hungary has signed two agreements to enhance the bilateral relations between the two countries recently. The first agreement is for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology. The second agreement is for promotion of co-operation between Indian Council of World Affairs and its Hungarian counterpart.
The two agreements were inked in Budapest during Vice President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari's visit to that country.
5. Which of the country has made a decision to quit the Commonwealth after Warnings over Democracy?
Maldives government in October decided to leave the 53-member Commonwealth of Nations. The decision was announced weeks after the organisation warned it of suspension by the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) if it failed to take further steps to promote the rule of law and democracy.
Maldives had decided to leave the Commonwealth saying it was treated unjustly and unfairly by the Commonwealth. Maldives government decision to quit the Commonwealth has invited concern from several quarters within and outside the country. Commonwealth Secretary General Patricia Scotland expressed disappointment over the decision and hoped the move will be a temporary one.
6. Recently China has made an agreement in fields of power and energy, information technology, investment, disaster management and culture with which of the following country?
Bangladesh and China have signed 26 agreements and Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) during the visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The agreements and MoU include boosting cooperation in counter-terrorism, infrastructure development and energy cooperation. The Agreement to enhance high-level exchanges, maintain frequent contacts between leaders of the two countries on the sidelines of multilateral foray.