Question - Answers for December 2012 are designed in a way that it can help Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking as well as other exam in their preparation. A sound knowledge of facts and figures is essential for cracking these exams. Intensive study is required for clearing the IAS Main exam as well as IAS prelim exam 2013.
1. Union Cabinet of India on 13 December 2012 passed the land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement bill, 2011. Enlist the main features of the bill. How the bill is going to solve the land disputes in India?
2. What is Bhatinda Srinagar Gas Pipeline project? How Jammu and Kashmir will benefit from the project?
3. Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on 25 December 2012 signed into law a new Islamist-drafted constitution. What was the controversy surrounding the constitution? How the new constitution will help in ending the political disorder?
4. United Nation approved new debate on Arm treaty opposed by U.S. gun lobby. Describe and Discuss Arms trade treaty?
5. The Union government of India on 26 December 2012 raised the Minimum Support Price, MSP of wheat by 65 rupees per quintal to 1350 rupees per quintal. What do you understand by minimum support price? How it impacts the Indian agriculture?
6. Write brief notes on the following:
a) NASA developed Next-Gen spacesuit for space ventures
b) Scientists found protein behind aggressive breast cancer
c) Freshwater Mosasaurs species discovered
d) Hawaiian Islands will be extinct in 1.5 million years
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .