Railway is a means of transferring of passengers and goods on wheeled vehicles running on rails, also known as tracks. The oldest known, man/animal-hauled railways date back to the 6th century BC in Corinth, Greece. Rail transport then commenced in mid-16th century in Germany in the form of horse-powered funiculars and wagonways. Modern rail transport commenced with the British development of the steam locomotives in the early 19th century. Thus the railway system in Great Britain is the oldest in the world.
1. Which of the following is the longest Railway tunnel in the world?
A. Gotthard Base Tunnel
B. Seikan Tunnel
C. Yulhyeon Tunnel
D. Channel Tunnel
2. Who among the following is a first female locopilot (train driver) of the Indian Railways in India?
A. Rajashree Sachdev
B. Bhavani Kumari
C. Ritu Chauhan
D. Surekha Shankar Yadav (Surekha Yadav)
3. Which of the following is the highest railway system in the world?
A. Qingzang Railway, China
B. Ferrocarril Central Andino, Peru
C. Rio Mulatos-Potosi Line, Bolivia
D. PeruRail, Peru
4. Which of the following Railways line runs parallel to the Arabian Sea, offering views along the coast?
A. Central Railway
B. Konkan Railway
C. Southern Railway
D. Western Railway
5. Which of the following railway station has the world's longest railway platform in India?
A. Gorakhpur Railway Station
B. Kollam Junction, Kharagpur
C. Bilaspur Railway Station
D. None of the above
6. Which of the following is the world’s busiest metro system?
A. Tokyo Subway, Japan
B. Beijing Subway, China
C. Seoul Subway, South Korea
D. Shanghai Metro, China
7. Which of the following is the busiest suburban railway network in India?
A. Chennai Suburban Railway
B. Lucknow - Kanpur Suburban Railway
C. Kolkata Suburban Railway
D. Mumbai Suburban Railway
8. Who among the following is known as the father of Indian Railways?
A. Lord Dalhousie
B. Lord Ripon
C. Mahatma Gandhi
9. Which of the following is the longest train route in the Indian Subcontinent?
A. Vivek Express – Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari
B. Thiruvananthapuram – Silchar Superfast Express
C. Himsagar Express – Jammu Tawi to Kanyakumari
D. Ten Jammu Express – Tirunelveli Jammu
10. Which is the India’s first double Decker train?
A. Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Double Decker Express
B. Samjhuata Express
C. Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram Express
D. Ernakulam Hazrat Nizamudin Duronto