Education is the basic framework that makes a child well structured and social. Education makes for the perfection and better growth of a child so that once he/she understands the basics of life and becomes a responsible citizen of the nation he/she doesn’t faces any problem for his/her life being. Education not only means the inculcation of subject knowledge, it involves an overall development.
In today’s world, education has become very much essential as competition is tough, for fetching good marks, creating excellence in academics and getting jobs. Now a days, due to unavoidable circumstances and multiple incidences, Sex education has become one of those social subjects that has been introduced in many of the course curriculum in our nation. Even sex education has also been introduced in the curriculum of primary education in number of schools and is in the process of extension.
But introducing sex education in primary classroom is nothing more than jumping the gun. We may call it a formidable step due to:
1. Too young to understand: Children at primary education are too young to be taught such a serious and intense matter of sex in our nation. They can hardly understand anything and if do then also it’s very difficult to make them aware of its pros and cons.
2. Risk of adverse situations occurring: Due to the untimely education about sex they can turn out into anti-social kids who come up with the adverse situations and incidences promptly. So there is a big risk.
3. Pre-maturity: The children if taught about sex may grow up before time physically and mentally much earlier than expected.
4. Alternatives for children: Since in sex education everything is taught, so this may also lead to generation of a number of alternatives for committing sex related crimes. And this in turn will result in increased number of crime related to sex and that too by juveniles.
On the contrary, if we take this sex education at the primary level on an optimistic note, we may follow this as:
1) Early education leads to better understanding: It will be more apt and feasible if the children are educated about the sex and its various diversions so that they get a better understanding and grow up with pre-installed thoughts of the same.
2) Better for Females: Providing sex education in primary classrooms is much better and convenient for the girls / females as they may get alert and awakened about the same. This may lead to a better self-protectionism and effortless livelihood of females.
3) Need of the society: It has become the need of the society in the current era that sex education has to be delivered to children at a young age so that they become much concerned, alert and aware of the pros and cons of the same. Moreover, it is also true that it’s good to feed the seeds of education of all kinds into disciples as early as possible, so it’s much better to be done and delivered at the Primary level.
Henceforth, whatever be the role of sex education the matter of concern is not when and how is it delivered to children rather the importance lies in the fact that it must serve the true, genuine and apt purpose of delivery of thoughts behind it’s execution.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.