IAS preparation requires a regular updating the existing knowledge and acquiring new knowledge for their authentic sources. Authentic sources because only authentic knowledge have its final say in the UPSC IAS Exam and only authentic and correct information can fetch you good marks in the IAS Exam.
We are starting a new series of IAS Preparation updates for the IAS aspirants because it is very difficult to summarise all the daily things at one place for the IAS Aspirants.To help them, we will try to incorporate all the important updates of various information resources at one place so that the candidates do not have to bother to go to several places and searching the authentic and filtering the relevant content.
This will help and cut down the searching time of the IAS aspirants and will help them to concentrate more to grasp the topic not to search and waste the most precious object that is time.
1.Consider the following points regarding Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Gramin. Which of them is true.
1. To accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat by 2nd October 2022.
2. To create significant positive impact on gender and promote social inclusion by improving sanitation especially in marginalized communities
3. To bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
4. To encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
State which of the following is true
a. Only 1 and 3
b. Only 1 and 2
c. Only 2, 3,4
d. None of the above
The aim of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) is to achieve a clean and Open Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2nd October, 2019
Objectives of Swachhh Bharat Mission (Gramin)
• To bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
• To accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat by 2nd October 2019.
• To motivate communities to adopt sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
• To encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
• To develop, wherever required, community managed sanitation systems, focusing on scientific Solid & Liquid Waste Management systems for overall cleanliness in the rural areas.
• To create significant positive impact on gender and promote social inclusion by improving sanitation especially in marginalized communities
Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Gramin, launched on October 2, 2014 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri NarendraModi, is the largest behaviour change campaign ever attempted in the field of sanitation in the world. It aims to build an ODF (Open Defecation Free) and Swachh Bharat by October 2, 2019 as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary.
2. Consider the following regarding the India-Nepal Joint Statement issued in April 2018
a. This was the first foreign visit of PM of Nepal to any country
b. Prime Minister Oli stated that after the landmark political transformation, his Government has given priority to economic transformation with the motto ‘Samriddha Nepal Sukhi Nepali’.
c. The two Prime Ministers agreed to give fresh momentum to bilateral cooperation in the agricultural sector and decided to launch a New Partnership in Agriculture.
d. To develop the inland waterways for the movement of cargo, within the framework of trade and transit arrangements, providing additional access to sea for Nepal.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
1. Only 1 and 4
2. Only 2 and 3
3. Only 3
4. All the statements are true
Prime Minister Oli stated that his government attaches high importance to further strengthening friendly relations with India. He expressed the desire of the Government of Nepal to develop bilateral relations in a way so as to benefit from India’s progress and prosperity for economic transformation and development. Prime Minister Modi assured Prime Minister Oli that India remains committed to strengthening its partnership with Nepal as per the priorities of the Government of Nepal.
The two Prime Ministers inaugurated the Integrated Check Post at Birgunj in Nepal. They hoped that its early operationalization will enhance cross-border trade and transit of goods and movement of people bringing greater opportunities for shared growth and development.
The two Prime Ministers witnessed the ground breaking ceremony of the Motihari-Amlekhgunj cross-border petroleum products pipeline at Motihari, India.
The two Prime Ministers underlined the need for expeditious implementation of bilateral projects in Nepal, and to reinvigorate the existing bilateral mechanisms to promote cooperative agenda across diverse spheres.
Three separate joint statements on the following key areas of mutual interest were issued
• India-Nepal: New Partnership in Agriculture
• Expanding Rail Linkages: Connecting Raxaul in India to Kathmandu in Nepal
• New Connectivity between India and Nepal through Inland Waterways
The two Prime Ministers agreed that the visit has imparted new dynamism to the multifaceted partnership between the two countries.
3. What is Gaganshakti 2018?
1. It is a newly developed sky monitoring system of HAL India
2. It is a joint Air force exercise of Indian Air force with the Israel Air Force
3. It is biggest ever Indian Air Force Exercise along the Pakistan and China Border
4. None of the above
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise along Pakistan and China borders. The exercise- Gagan Shakti, 2018- will be taking place between April 10 to 23. Depending upon the order of the Air Force Chief, the Air Force will mobilise its assets in the war scenario within 48 hours of the orders.
The aim of this exercise is real time coordination, deployment and employment of Air Power in a short & intense battle scenario. During Gaganshakti IAF will exercise the entire machinery to validate its concept of operations and war waging capability. With each successive exercise, the lessons learnt in the previous exercises and doctrinal precepts are put to test, for developing new concepts. This year the IAF has planned tactics that will be tested in a real time scenario. For the first time, the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will be taking part in the exercise and will perform both the offensive and defensive roles. Joint operations scenario with the Army and the Navy are part of this exercise.
Apart from wartime drills, IAF will also practice and validate various Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief drills that the IAF is expected to undertake from time to time. Some, such measure would involve mobilization of the Air Ambulance version of transport aircraft and helicopters to airlift simulated sitting and bedridden casualties to metros/big cities having good medical facilities and would include evacuation of casualties from highways that facilitate such operations.
4.What is not the objective/objecitves of Ganga Hareetima Yojana?
a. The scheme aims to enhance the green cover in the catchment areas of the river Ganga and to control the land erosion.
b. Under it tree plantation will be carried out in 3 Km areas from banks of river
c. Both a and b
d. only b
Answer . d
The Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana, also known as Ganga Greenery scheme, on April 7, 2018 in the 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh that are located on the bank of river Ganga. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the scheme at Allahabad in a function organised on the bank of Sangam, the confluence of rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati.
Ganga Hariteema Yojana
•The scheme aims to enhance the green cover in the catchment areas of the river Ganga and to control the land erosion.
•Under the scheme, plantation will be carried out in one-kilometre areas from the banks of river.
•Common people will also will be encouraged for plantation on their private lands under 'One Person One Tree' slogan.
5. What is Odilorhabdins ?
a.Newly discovered species of frog
b. A new class of naturally occurring Antibiotic
c.New water borne disease in Pigs
d. None of the above
An international team of scientists led by the University of Illinois, Chicago, has discovered a new class of naturally produced, ribosome-targeting antibacterial agents, odilorhabdins, produced by a nematode-symbiotic bacterium.
Called Xenorhabdus nematophila, the bacterial symbiont produces toxins and immuno-modulators, enabling the nematode to colonize and kill insects. The bacteria further benefit the host nematode by releasing antibiotics that prevent the invasion of the insect’s carcass by other competing bacteria and fungi.
They found that odilorhabdins act on the ribosome — the molecular machine of individual cells that makes the proteins it needs to function — of bacterial cells.
In Addition to this, Please also read the following articles
Example of Government Institutions are loosing their trust - CVC got less number of complaints in the year 2017/ drop in number of complaints to CVC
India - US Trade relation is heavily skewed towards US. Changing dynamics in the new Trade War Era.