Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection is all set to conduct Common Written Examination for Recruitment of Probationary Officers in Public Sector Banks of the country. The examination will be conducted on 19 October 2013, 20 October 2013, 26 October 2013 and 27 October 2013.
A total of 40 questions will come in English Language Section of IBPS PO Exam contains different topics like Reading Comprehension, Close Test, Sentence Skills, Synonyms, antonyms, etc. Jagranjosh.com, renowned educational website offers study material on Sentence Skills to help aspirants in getting ready for the upcoming IBPS PO Exam 2013..
Chapter: Sentence Skills
Sentence Skills is one of the unique topic included in IBPS PO Exam Question Paper. 5 questions from this topic are asked in English Language Section of IBPS PO Exam Question Paper. In this topic, a short passage is given with one of the lines/sentence in the passage missing and represented by the blank
The candidates are required to choose the best option out of 5 options given to make passage complete and logical. For attempting these questions, the candidates should have good reading and understanding ability. Grammatical concept and vocabulary should also be sound for going through Sentence Skills Questions.
The questions can be if the form of Sentence Completion and Para completion. Find below the approach to solve these questions.
How to solve Questions based on Sentence completion
Sentence below has a blank; a blank indicates that some thing has been omitted. There are four answer options given choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
Answer - (a) The most suitable answer option is ‘Meretricious’ which means ‘bold’ . Rest of the options do not fit in the context of dressing style or manner.
How to solve Questions based on Para completion
On the basis of above point you can also work by elimination method i.e.; you can eliminate the answer choices which do not fit the above mentioned points and thus come down to a right answer.
The question below has a paragraph from which the last sentence has been deleted. From the given options, choose the one that completes the paragraph in the most appropriate way.
The youth in today’s India are actually a silver spoon generation. Not only have they been born to a time that’s relatively more affluent and buoyant, they are also making the maximum of what they have in careers or in relationships. This generation has no baggage of yesterday and has no gaping need-gaps as of today. Such a state of its consumer is a nightmare for classical marketing which is designed over the years to identify large need-gaps in its consumers and find ways of fulfilling them .
1) A brand for this audience has to make them feel liberated and empowered.
2) A brand for this audience has to be built on a model of the need gap approach.
3) A brand for this audience has to legitimize their way of life.
4) A brand for this audience cannot be built on the traditional models of youth marketing.
Answer – (4) Option no (4) is clearly the right answer as it talks about ‘youth.’
Questions from previous Year Papers:
Directions (1-5) The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You' are given six words denoted by A. B, C, D, E & F as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. (IBPS PO/MT Exam 2012)
1. _____ before the clock struck 8 on Saturday night, India Gate was swamped with people wearing, black tee-shirts and holding candles.
1) (B) and (E)
2) (A) and (C)
3) (A) and (F)
4) (B) and (D)
5) (C) and (E)
2. Tile States should take steps to ______ the process of teachers' appointments as the Centre has already sanctioned six lakh posts.
1) (D) and (F)
2) (A) and (C)
3) (C) and (F)
4) (D) and (E)
5) (B) and (D)
3. A senior citizen's son ______ threatened her every day and physically harmed her, forcing her to transfer her property to him.
1) (C) and (F)
2) (A) and (E)
3) (C) and (E)
4) (D) and (F)
5) (A) and (C)
4. Medical teachers said that the management had continued to remain ________to their cause leading to the stretching of their strike.
1) (B) and (C)
2) (C) and (F)
3) (A) and (E)
4) (A) and (D)
5) (D) and (E)
5. The parents had approached the high court to ______ the government order after their children, who passed- UKG, were denied admission by a school.
1) (A) and (D)
2) (B) and (C)
3) (C) and (E)
4) (E) and (F)
5) (C) and (D)
IBPS Calendar 2019: Check National & Rural Bank Recruitment Notification Announcement Schedule Here
IBPS Calendar 2019 – 20 Released: Check Exam Dates for IBPS Clerk, PO, SO, RRB
IBPS RRB VII 2018 Office Assistant and Officer Scale Results Announced @ibps.in
IBPS RRB VI Office Assistant and Officer Result Announced: Check Provisional Allotment List @ibps.in