ICAR All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Postgraduate Programmes (AIEEA-PG-2013)
ICAR announced All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Postgraduate Programmes. Read to find more details
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) announced All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Master degree at IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE), and 25% seats for Master degree at State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, Central Universities with Agricultural Faculty (Banaras Hindu University, Viswa Bharati, Nagaland University and Aligarh Muslim University (for PG only) and SHIATS Allahabad for the academic session 2013-14. Master Degree programmes are in the fields of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agri. Engineering, Home Science, Biotechnology, Physical Science, Social Sciences, Dairy Science, Fisheries Science, Veterinary Science and other allied sciences.
- Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Form closes: 15 February 2013
- Request for Information Bulletin/Application Form via post ends: 10 February 2013
- Deadline to submit application form (offline and online): 15 February 2013
- Last Date to submit application form (offline and online from remote areas): 22 February 2013
- Date of Examination: 21 April 2013 (10 am to 12:30 pm)
Educational Qualification: Applicants should possess Graduation degree (or appearing in final year examination) in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Agri. Marketing and Cooperation, Food Science, Biotechnology, Basic and allied sciences under 10+2+5 or 10+2+4 years degree programmes.(Certain seats are also available for candidates having graduation degree with 10+2+3 year format) Programme with 60% marks or requisite Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 6.60/10, 3.25/5, 2.60/4 for candidates belonging to General, OBC and UPS categories. For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) category candidates, 50% marks are required or OGPA is 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4, respectively.
Note: The qualification required for getting admission in deemed Universities are available on their respective websites.
Age Limit (as on 31 August 2013): below 19 years of age
Award of Fellowship
ICAR-JRF (Post Graduate Studies): The selection of the candidates for the fellowship would be based on the merit in the AIEEA-PG-2012 examination and about 475 ICAR Junior Research Fellowships for Postgraduate Studies in 20 major subject groups will be awarded for two years in Agricultural Universities.
Scheme of Examination
The examination will be held through single paper in major subject group comprising 150 multiple-choice (MCQ), and also 10 cross match type questions. The question paper will be set in English language only and there is a provision of negative marking too.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- Aspirants can get forms by cash payment of Rs 600+ Rs 25 (as handling charges) for General, OBC and UPS candidates; Rs 300 + Rs 25 for SC, ST and PH candidates (as handling charges). It can be obtained from Registrars of Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank and also from eight ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft on or before the prescribed date.
- Information Bulletin with Application Form may also be obtained by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft and also an unstamped self addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm) to the Controller of examination of ICAR. However, Rs 50 per Bulletin must be added in the Bank Draft amount towards postal expenses, if solicited to be sent by post from COE (Edn). The demand draft should be in the name of “ICAR Unit-Education Division, ICAR, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
- Information bulletin and application forms can also be downloaded from the website of ICAR www.icar.org.in. In such case, the applicants will have to submit the filled in application form with the requisite amount of DD.
How to Apply
Completely filled application form must reach at Controller of Examinations (Education), ICAR, Room No 216, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012
For more details, please visit http://icarexam.net/