Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) announced All India Entrance Examination for Admission to SRF-PGS across various Universities of ICAR for which applications are invited from the aspirants.
- Deadline to submit online application form: 15 February 2013
- Last Date to submit online application form from remote areas: 22 February 2013
- Admit Card and Roll Number Query online (if any): III week of March 2013
- Date of Examination: 21 April 2013 (Paper-I: 10 AM to 11:30 AM) and (Paper-II: 2 PM to 4:30 PM)
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have cleared PG degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55 percent marks (60% for SC/ ST candidates) or equivalent OGPA from any recognized university in India or overseas.
Aspirants who are appearing in the final semester examination can also apply.
Age Limit (as on 21 April 2013): Between 21 and 30 years
Award of Fellowship
A total of 202 SRF will be awarded to the candidates for pursuing PhD degree in different disciplines on the merit basis for Senior Research Fellowship. Recipient can avail the awards within a period of one year from the date of issue of the award letter for seeking admission in PhD programme in the qualifying subject at any Agricultural University.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in Written Examination (75% weightage) and past academic performance (25% weightage).
Written Exam: The written exam will be conducted via two papers in objective mode with MCQs. There will be negative marking in both papers with different weightage.
- Paper-I: It will be Common to all subjects and will be based on General understanding of agriculture and allied activities (100 questions of one mark, duration 90 minutes)
- Paper- II: It will be subject-specific (200 questions of 200 marks, duration 150 minutes).
Academic Performance: The weightage for academic performance will be 10% for UG and 15% for PG.
Final Selection: Final ranking for SRF would be drawn subject area-wise and category-wise on the basis of marks obtained by a candidate in the written examination (25% weightage for Paper I and 50% weightage for Paper II) and his/her academic performance at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 1200 for General/OBC category candidates (Rs 600 for SC/ST/PH candidates). The fee can be paid through any of the following modes while submitting online application form:
- Through Bank Challan
- Through Credit / Debit card using Payment Gateway of Syndicate Bank
- Payment through NEFT
How to Apply
- Aspirants must apply online on the website of ICAR www.icar.org.in and deposit the fee
- Candidates will have to take a print out of system generated application form and enclose the below mentioned documents in an envelope super scribed with "APPLICATION FOR SRF(PGS)-2013" mentioning Major Subject and Sub-Subject Names with Code Nos.
- The envelope consisting of application form along with requisite documents mentioned in the notification must reach ‘Controller of Examinations (Education), ICAR, Room No. 216, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012’ via speed/registered post.
For further information, please visit http://icarexam.net/