Indian Institute of Technology, Himachal Pradesh invites applications from the eligible candidates for filling up the following Non – Teaching positions. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 28 April 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 28 April 2014.
Details of Posts
- Medical Officer: 02 (Two). Posts
- Assistant Registrar (Store & Purchase): 01 (One). Post
- Security Officer: 01 (One) Post
- Senior Lab Assistant: 02 (Two). [02 – UR].
- Junior Attendant: 01 (One)
- For Medical Officer
(i) M.B.B.S. and must be registered with MCI/State Medical Council. Atleast two years of experience in a recognised hospital. Or
(ii) M.B.B.S. and must be registered with MCI/State Medical Council and PG Diploma in an appropriate Branch of Medicine with atleast one years experience in a recognised hospital. Or
(iii) MD/MS in an appropriate Branch of Medicine.
- For Assistant Registrar (Store & Purchase)
(i) A Master's Degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of 'B' in the UGC 7 point scale along with a good academic record.
Three years relevant experience in handling Store & Purchase in a Government Department/University/Institutions like IITs, NITs, IITs, IISc etc. or Research Institute of national standing in the scale of PB-2 (Rs.9300-34800) with GP Rs.4600/- or above.
- For Security Officer
(i) Graduate or Equivalent from recognized University.
(ii) At least ten years experience in Police/para Military forces/Armed forces of the Union and held not below the rank of ASI (Exe)/Naib Subedar or an equivalent position with exemplary services.
(i) Completion of Fire Fighting course or unarmed combat course in Army or Para Military force.
(ii) Should be able to speak and write both in English and Hindi.
- For Senior Lab Assistant
(i) 3 year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
(ii) Knowledge of machine shop, foundry, sheet metal-working practices and machines.
(iii) Skilled in operation of all machine tools including CNC machines and the programming of CNC machines.
(iv) Ability to maintain and repair machines.
(v) Proficiency in spoken and written English.
(i) Working experience of 2-5 years in a machine shop on a variety of machine tools, including CNC machines.
(ii) Diploma in Mechanical Engineering of 3 years duration from recognized Board with four years’ experience.
- For Junior Attendant
(i) 10th Standard Pass.
(ii) 1 year experience as attendant or helper.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age relaxation as admissible as per Govt. of India rules.
Pay Scale/ Stipend
- Pay Band (PB) – 3, Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- Per Month for post 1 & 2.
- Pay Band (PB) – 2, Pay Scale of Rs. 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,600/- Per Month for the post 3.
- Pay Band (PB) – 1, Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 2,800/- Per Month for the post 4 and Grade Pay of Rs. 1,800/- Per Month for the post 5.
Application fee of Rs.100/-is to be paid by a Demand Draft in favour of Registrar Indian Institute of Technology Mandi payable at State Bank of India, IIT Mandi Branch (SBIN 0000676). No application fee is required from the SC/ST candidates and Persons with Disabilities.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC), Demand Draft must reach to the Registrar, IIT Mandi, Old PWD Rest House, Near Bus Stand Mandi, Mandi – 175 001 (HP) on or before 28 April 2014.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.