India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 24-December 30
National Current Affairs Quizzes will help you to judge the level of your preparations for the much awaited exams that you would be facing in times to come
National Current Affairs Quizzes will help you to judge the level of your preparations for the much awaited exams that you would be facing in times to come. These Quizzes will be of a help in identifying your knowledge about the happenings of the nation and know the schemes and decisions of Government and other Bodies of National importance.
1. Union Government of India in the month of December granted service tax exemption on the services of life insurance business. Name the two schemes for which the service tax has been exempted?
a) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Janashree Bima Yojana
b) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Jeevan Nidhi
c) Janashree Bima Yojana and Jeevan Nidhi
d) Jeevan Nidhi and Kalptaru Yojna
Answer: (a) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Janashree Bima Yojana
2. The Union Government of India in December decided to set up five-year project for restoring the overall cyber security structure of critical sectors of India. This was decided in light of increasing number of cyber attacks as well as security threats that the Internet offers. In 2011, India suffered 13000 cyber incidents. Name the agency that is responsible for the Project?
a) Cyber surveillance agency
c) National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre
d) None of these
Answer: (c) National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre
3. The union government of India approved selling a certain percent stake in Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers (RCF) in December 2012. What is the percentage stake decided by the government for being sold?
a) 11 percent
b) 12.5 percent
c) 14 percent
d) 22 percent
Answer: (b) 12.5 percent
4. Which of the following statements of the following are/is true?
i. Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers (RCF) would be the 11th public sector undertaking that has got the approval of the Union Government to sell 12.5 percent of its stake
ii. National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC) is the nodal agency which is responsible for coordinating the cyber security operations related to critical infrastructures in India.
iii. AABY provides for insurance of the head of the family or earning member of the family of rural landless households between the age of 18 and 59 years against natural death or accidental death and partial/permanent disability.
iv. The union government of India withdrew Z-plus security provided to ex-army chief General V K Singh.
a) Statement (i) and (ii) are true
b) Statement (i), (ii) and (iv) are true
c) All the statements are true
d) Statement (ii) and (iv) are true
Answer: (c) All the statements are true
5. Name the state that has been the fastest growing states, between 2006 to 2010 as per the data released by the Planning Commission of India?
Answer: (b) Bihar
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .