Indian Maritime University (A Central University under the Ministry of Shipping) invited online application for admission to its various Undergraduate and Post graduate Programmes for academic session 2014-15. Interested candidates may apply online before 20 May 2014.
- Last date for Online Registration 20 May 2014
- Date of Computer-Based CETs: 14 June 2014, 2pm – 5pm
- Date of Publication of Results: 18 June 2014
- Date(s) of Counselling for all UG & PG Programmes: 14,15,16,17 & 18 July 2014
- (These are tentative dates and are liable for modification with prior notice on IMU’s website).
- Date of Commencement of Programmes: 11 August 2014
The Indian Maritime University offers the following programmes:
1. B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
2. B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
3. B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
4. B.Sc (Maritime Science)
5. B.Sc (Nautical Science)
6. Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
1. MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
2. MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
3. M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
4. M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
5. LLM (Maritime Laws)
All admissions to the various UG and PG programmes of the IMU and its Affiliated Institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year, usually in the month of June.
There will be a CET common to all UG programmes.
There will be a CET common to the 2 MBA programmes; another CET common to the 2 M.Tech programmes; and yet another CET for the LLM (Maritime Laws) programme.
Note: The results of the CETs are valid for the particular Academic Year only.
Syllabus for CET
The Syllabus for CET for UG programmes will be Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and State Boards).
Register for CET
Online Registration of Applicants with facility to upload photographs and scanned signatures and to download and print filled-in application in standard formats. For Online Registration, Applicants should visit the website of the Indian Maritime University at http://www.imu.edu.in and click on the CET 2014 hyperlink.
Application Fee for CET
Application Fee is Rs.1000 for General candidates and Rs.700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.
Date and Centres of IMU’s Computer-based CETs 2014
The Computer-based CETs for IMU’s UG and PG programmes are scheduled to be held on Saturday 14th June 2014 Afternoon between 2 pm and 5 pm in a single shift, across 34 centres in India.
How to Apply
Please visit IMU’s website at http://www.imu.edu.in and click on the CET 2014 hyperlink to apply online. It will redirect you to the Online Registration page of the website of the Service Provider. Payment of application fee can be made online or offline through Challan.
Visit official website at: www. http://imu.edu.in/