Established in 1976 in Wrangal, Kakatiya University was set up to fulfil the aspirations of the Telangana people for higher education. It invites applications from aspiring candidates for admission to MPhil and PhD Programme across various disciplines.
Name of the Course and Number of Seats for Admission in Kakatiya University 2013
MPhil: 12 seats each the following disciplines in Telugu, English, Public Administration, Human Resource, Management, Political Science, History, Economics, Commerce, Sociology and Education
PhD: 12 seats each in the following disciplines English, Hindi, Telugu, Commerce, Business Management, Education, Physical Education, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Law, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Economics, History, Human Resource Management, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, and Tourism Management
Important Dates for Admission in Kakatiya University 2013
- Last date for submission of application form: 27 February 2013
- Date of entrance test for MPhil: 23 March 2013
- Date of entrance test for PhD: 24 March 2013
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Kakatiya University 2013
MPhil: Post Graduation degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH) or equivalent from a recognised University or an equivalent degree
PhD: Post Graduation degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH) or equivalent from a recognised University or an equivalent degree AND
- Candidate should have qualified UGC-CSIR/NET/GATE/AICTE/SLET or APSET examination of Government of Andhra Pradesh OR
- Candidate should have MPhil in concerned or in an allied subject from Kakatiya University OR
- Candidate was admitted to MPhil in regular stream through entrance test and completed from other Universities in A.P. OR
- Candidate should have qualified in the PhD Entrance Test conducted by Kakatiya University for that particular year of admission.
Selection Procedure for Admission in Kakatiya University 2013
The candidates for MPhil and PhD will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination of 100 marks in the subject of the discipline concerned in which the candidate is seeking admission to be conducted by the Kakatiya University.
How to Apply for Admission in Kakatiya University 2013
Candidates seeking Admission in either MPhil or PhD programme may send application form with original chalan receipt of fee in the office of the O/o the Director, Directorate of Admissions, Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri- Warangal, Pin Code- 506 009 between 11 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm on all working days or as otherwise notified.
Registration Fee: Rs 1200. The fee should be submitted through a Crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Examinations Account, Kakatiya University payable at Warangal.
For more details, please visit http://kakatiya.ac.in/