MAT September 2013: Tips to crack Language Comprehension
Upcoming Management Aptitude Test (MAT) will be held in September 2013. Find here tips and strategies to score well in Language Comprehension section of MAT. Read for more details.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an entrance test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission to MBA and allied programs in various Business Schools across the country. The test, facilitates over 600 B-Schools across the county to screen candidates for admission to various courses. Any B-School - national or international - can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates.
The MAT test is conducted to assess candidates’ knowledge in five test areas:
1. Language Comprehension
2. Mathematical Skills
3. Data Analysis & Sufficiency
4. Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
5. Indian & Global Environment
Candidates should prepare for the examination in a planned manner. In order to crack each section, candidates’ strategy should be such that it allows them to prepare thoroughly for all the above mentioned sections.
One should ensure regular Practice papers. One should practice with the right level of questions so that it increases the speed and accuracy in the examination.
Here are some tips to crack the Language Comprehension section:
MAT English part is pure comprehension or Reading comprehensions and the only thing that can help you solve this section is reading and reading a lot. This section is aimed primarily to assess whether the candidate is able to understand what the writer is trying to convey or not. To verify whether or not the candidate has understood the given comprehension, questions like, what can be the title of the paragraph? Why does the author state …. ? etc. are asked in examinations.
Besides, some questions are also aimed to assess candidates’ understanding of the topic and to know the assumptions / conclusions drawn by him.
In order to crack the Language Comprehension section candidates should:
• Inculcate reading habit.
• Indulge in reading all kind of informative material like English Newspaper, Editorials, Novels, English Magazines.
• Watch English news channels. This will also help in improving hold on English language and enhance your Vocabulary.
• Read a variety of books on various subjects to broaden your knowledge sphere.
• Try to know the meaning of each & every new word you come across. For this, you can take the help of a dictionary or use internet. This will help you understand the meanings of each paragraph and sentence you read, clearly. Also, it will help you review the underlying points and ideas hidden therein.
Try these techniques to enjoy reading, and ultimately solve the questions on Language Comprehension.
Click here for the tips to crack Data Analysis and Sufficiency section
Click here to practice with MAT Practice Set
Click here to see MAT September 2013 notification
Click here to know the MAT September 2013 Exam Pattern