Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, National Sample Survey Office, Government of India invited applications for Recruitment to the Posts of field Investigators on purely contract basis. The candidates eligible for the posts may send their applications in the prescribed format on or before 29 June 2014.
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation came into existence as an Independent Ministry on 15 October 1999 after the merger of the Department of Statistics and the Department of Programme Implementation. The Ministry has two wings, one relating to Statistics and the other Programme Implementation. The Statistics Wing called the National Statistical Office (NSO) consists of the Central Statistical Office (CSO), the Computer Centre and the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO). The Programme Implementation Wing has three Divisions, namely, (i) Twenty Point Programme (ii) Infrastructure Monitoring and Project Monitoring and (iii) Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme.
Last Date for receipt of Application forms: 29 June 2014
Name of the Post: Field Investigators
• Bangalore: 54
• Chennai: 39
• Coimbatore: 36
• Aurangabad: 35
• Ahmadabad: 32
Total Number of Vacancies: 196 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.16500/- per month + TA/DA
• Graduate Degree from a recognized university with Statistics or Economics or Mathematics as one of the papers at Degree level.
• Knowledge of English, Kannada language, Gujarati language, Tamil language and local language.
• Knowledge of computer applications like MS office etc.
• Candidate’s age should be between 21-30 years as on 1 July 2014.
• Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
Selection will be done on the basis of interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of all required Certificates / Documents and self-Addressed (in capital letters) duly stamped envelope should be submitted to the following address:
- For Bangalore: Deputy Director General, National Sample Survey Office (FOD), E & F Wing, 5th Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bangalore-560034.
- For Chennai: Regional Head, Shri. G. Subramanian, Deputy Director General, NSSO (FOD), Regional Office, Shastri Bhavan, II Floor, 'B' Wing, Block - III, 6/26, Haddows Road, Chennai - 600 006.
- For Coimbatore: Regional Head, TN, Deputy Director General National Sample Survey Office (Field Operations Division) Regional Office, Tamil Nadu (West) 43, Sengupta Street, Ramnagar, Coimbatore-641 009.
- For Aurangabad: Regional Head Shri Anil D. Patil of Regional Office, N.S.S.O.(F.O-D.), 1st floor, NSSO Bhavan, Central Facility Building, Opp. Garware Factory, N-7, CIDCO, Aurangabad – 431003.
- For Ahmadabad: Regional head, D.D.G. of Regional Office, Office of the Deputy Director General, 3rd Floors, Doctor House, Near Parimal Rly. Crossing, C.G.Road, Ahmadabad 380 006.