Mumbai Port Trust invited applications from the Indian Nationals including females for recruitment of Graduate, Technician and Trade Apprentices for Apprenticeship Training in the year 2014-15, under Apprentice Act, 1961. The candidates eligible for the post may send their applications in the prescribed format on or before 18 July 2014.
Last Date of Receipt of Application forms: 18 July 2014
Name of the Posts:
1. Graduate in Mechanical Engineering: 2
2. Graduate in Electrical Engineering: 3
3. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: 3
4. Diploma in Electrical Engineering: 3
5. Fitter: 9
6. Carpenter: 5
7. Welder: 5
8. Mechanic (Diesel): 3
9. Pipe Fitter: 1
10. Machinist: 2
11. Electrician: 7
12. Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): 8
13. Draughtsman (Mechanical): 1
14. Programming And System Administration Assistant (PASAA): 12
Total No. of vacancy: 64 Posts
• Graduate in Mechanical Engineering: Rs.3560/-
• Graduate in Electrical Engineering: Rs.3560/-
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: Rs.2530/-
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Rs.2530/-
• Fitter: Rs.2100/- (1st year), Rs.2400/- (2nd year) and Rs.2800/- (3rd year)
• Carpenter: Rs.2400/- (1st year) and Rs.2800/- (2nd year)
• Welder: Rs.2400/-
• Mechanic (Diesel): Rs.2400/- (1st year) and Rs.2800/- (2nd year)
• Pipe Fitter: Rs.2400/- (1st year) and Rs.2800/- (2nd year)
• Machinist: Rs.2800/-
• Electrician: Rs.2800/-
• Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): Rs.2800/-
• Draughtsman (Mechanical): Rs.2800/-
• Programming And System Administration Assistant (PASAA): Rs.2400/-
Candidates should possess 8th class, 10th class, Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering/ Technology and passed National Trade Certificate Examination Conducted by NCVT in respective trade.
• Candidate age should be between 14 years to 19 years for S.S.C passed candidates and 21 years for I.T.I. passed candidates as on 1 October 2014.
• The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates.
• No upper limit for Graduate and Technician Apprentices Apprentices.
• Candidates have to pay Rs.20/- in cash or in the form of crossed Postal Order in favour of “BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PORT OF MUMBAI” payable at G.P.O. Mumbai.
• The physically handicapped candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates can apply through prescribed format, which may be downloaded from Mb. P. T. 's website www.mumbaiport.gov.in
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with DD and attested copies of all required Certificates / Documents, should be submitted to the Apprentice Training Centre, Mb. P.T. Workshop, N. V. Nakhwa Marg, Mezagan, Dockyard Road (E), Mumbai - 400 010 on or before 18 July 2014.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.