Ministry of Culture, National Archives of India (NAI), Janpath, New Delhi invited applications for recruitment to the post of Archival Assistant. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 15 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. NAI is a repository of the non-current records of the Government of India and holds them in trust for the use of administrators and scholars. Originally established as the Imperial Record Department in 1891, in Calcutta, then capital of British India, the NAI is situated at the intersection of Janpath and Rajpath, in Delhi. It functions as an Attached Office of the Department of Culture under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: within 15 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of the Post
- Name of the Post: Archival Assistant
- Total no. of Posts: 15 Posts
Age Limit: Maximum age of the candidate should be 40 years.
- Master degree in Modern Indian History or having one optional paper of post 1750 AD from recognized university of India.
- Preference will be given to persons who have passed one year diploma in "Archives and Records Management" from the School of Archival Studies, National Archives of India, New Delhi.
- Basic Knowledge of computer and also having working knowledge of the Projects.
Pay Scale: Rs.22000/- per month
The candidate will be selected on the basis of interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application, complete in all respect along with attested copies of educational/technical qualifications should be sent to the Director, General of Archives, National Archives of India, Janpath, New Delhi within 15 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.