Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Gurgaon invited applications from the interested and enthusiastic students for Admission for the Ph. D Programme started from August 2014 for the session 2014 – 15 in the broad areas mentioned below. The fellowship is initially tenable for duration of three years, and is extendable for two additional years after Annual Review by the empowered research committee. The candidates eligible for the course may apply on or before 15 May 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 15 May 2014.
Details of Posts
Ph. D.: 07 (Seven).
Broad Areas of Course
(i) Cell and Molecular Biology.
(ii) Biophysics, Biochemistry, and Structural Biology.
(iii) Host-Pathogen Interactions in Plants and Animals.
(iv) Development and Genetics.
(v) Chemical Biology and Nanotechnology.
(vi) Human Disease Biology.
(vii) Infection, Inflammation and Cancer.
Educational Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria
(i) M. Sc in any branch of Science (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics)/ M. Tech/ MBBS/ MVSc/ M. Phama or any equivalent qualification.
(ii) Qualifying Marks should be 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Bachelor's and Masters' level, however 5% relaxation for SC/STs allowed.
(iii)Reservations of seats for the candidates as per Govt. of India guidelines.
(iv) In addition, the candidates should have qualified/ scores available from any of the following examinations at the time of interview.
- Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST- INSPIRE).
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT- JRF).
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR- JRF).
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
Application fee (NON-REFUNDABLE) of Rs. 500/-, to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of 'the Executive Director, Regional Centre for Biotechnology', Gurgaon – 122 016, Haryana.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may submit their application by filling the application form available at the website www.rcb.res.in . The filled -in application form may be submitted by email to email@example.com on or before 15 May 2014.
- A signed copy of the same application along with a Demand Draft should be sent by registered post to The Registrar, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, 180 Udyog Vihar Phase 1, Gurgaon – 122 016, Haryana, India on or before 15 May 2014.
- The candidates will be short- listed for interview based on their scores/ ranks in, CSIR, DBT, ICMR, INSPIRE, or GATE or JGEEBILS (December 2013 exam).
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this current academic year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above criteria/requirements at the time of joining.