Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon conduct Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) for the year 2015. The examination will be conducted for recruitment to Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts. The candidates can apply for the post in the prescribed format on or before 28 May 2015 for Part I and 01 June 2015 for Part II registration respectively.
The candidates who have filled up the application form and wish to appear in the examination can take a look at the article to know the full selection procedure of the examination.
- After the Written Examination and the Interview /Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test/Document verification wherever applicable, the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post. As many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post up to the number of vacancies available, taking into consideration option for the posts.
- The Commission will recommend the candidates in the Merit List on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview (wherever applicable) and preference exercised by the candidates in the Application Form for different Posts. Once the candidate has been given his/her first available preference, he/she will not be considered for the other options. Candidates are, therefore, advised to exercise preference in Application Form carefully. The option /preference once exercised by the Candidates will be treated as FINAL and IRREVERSIBLE. Subsequent request for change of allocation/service by candidates will not be entertained under any circumstances/ reasons.
- SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, along with candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies in the post as per their position in the overall Merit List or vacancies earmarked for their category, whichever is advantageous to them. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs, STs,OBCs and PH candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment by relaxed standard.
- A person with physical disability (OH/HH/VH) who qualifies the Commission’s examination under General standards can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for person with disability of relevant category.
- An Ex-Serviceman or Physically Handicapped (OH/HH/VH) category candidate who qualifies on the basis of relaxed standards viz. age limit, experience or qualifications, permitted number of chances in written examination, extended zone of consideration, etc. is to be counted against reserved vacancies and not against general vacancies subject to fitness of such candidate for selection. Such candidates may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent the number of vacancies reserved for them, to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit. In so far as cases of Ex-Serviceman are concerned, deduction from the age of Ex-Servicemen is permissible against the reserved or unreserved posts and such exemption cannot be termed as relaxed standards in regard to age.
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless Government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment to the service/post.
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the written examination and interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature forth examination will be cancelled by the Commission.