SSC GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exams have been started from 11th February 2019 and will last till 11th March, 2019. In this article we are going to share the important memory based Questions as per the feedback received by the candidates who have appeared for SSC GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam. Candidates are advised to definitely cover these questions for scoring high marks in the Exam.
Let’s have a look at the Important Questions that are being covered in the SSC GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam:
General Intelligence and Reasoning Section (25 Questions)
This section covered questions from both verbal and non-verbal reasoning section consisting of total 25 Questions of easy to moderate level. Below are some memory based questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning Section of GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam:
1. Find the mirror image of the figure given in the question out of the figures given in the answer choices.
2. Introducing ‘Rakesh’, Raj said, “he is the son of the only son of my grandfather”. How is ‘Rakesh’ related to Raj?
Explanation: The only son of Raj’s grandfather is the father of Raj and Rakesh is the son of Raj’s father, Hence Rakesh is the brother of Raj.
3. Ram facing south. He turns right and walks 40 metre. Then he turns right again and walks 20 metre. Then he turns left and walks 20 metre and then turning right walk 40 metre. Then he turns right again and walks 120 metre. In which direction he is from the starting point?
4. In the question given below, there are three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I to III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read the statements and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Statements: Some pigeons are eagles. All eagles are sparrows. Some sparrows are not pigeons.
- Some sparrows are pigeons.
- All pigeons are sparrows.
- All eagles are pigeons.
a) Only I follows
b) Only II follows
c) Only III follows
d) Both I and III follows
Only I is definitely true.
5. In the question given below there are four figures given out of which three are similar or related in some manner. Find the figure which is odd one out.
Explanation: ‘+’ is always opposite to ‘–’ and ‘*’ is opposite to ‘÷’.
General Awareness Section (GK and Current Affairs 25 Questions)
This section was mainly covered by Current Affairs Questions (5-10 Questions) and rest by GK questions (15-20 Questions). Below are some memory based questions from General Awareness Section of GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam:
1. Which one is the Folk Dance of Tamil Nadu?
2. Full Form of GST.
Answer: Goods and Service Tax
3. What is the Full Form of DNA?
Answer: Deoxyribonucleic Acid
4. Who got the first silver medal (India) in Rio Olympics?
Answer: PV Sindhu
5. What is the Chemical Name of Table Salt?
Answer: Sodium Chloride
6. Who wrote the Book India 2020?
Answer: APJ Abdul Kalam
7. When does the National Voters’ Day celebrated?
Answer: 25th January
8. First India wicketkeeper to take 300 catches in ODIs.
Answer: MS Dhoni
9. India follows which citizenship?
Answer: Single - The Constitution of India has established a single and uniform citizenship for the whole of the country.
10. Sindhu or Indus river originates from where?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau in the vicinity of Lake Manasarovar.
11. Lavani dance is associated with which state?
12. Name the Longest Bone in Human Body.
Answer: Femur (Thighs)
13. What is the India’s Rank in Economy?
14. Who's the Author of the Book ‘Light of Asia’?
Answer: Sir Edwin Arnold
15. First Indian women to swim the English Channel:
Answer: Arati Saha
16. Which is the Smallest State of India?
17. Which among the following is related to the Primary Sector?
18. Jean-Jacques Rousseau is related to which field?
Answer: Jean-Jacques Rousseau was a Genevan philosopher, writer, and composer.
19. The color of leaves is green due to a pigment called?
20. When did civil war ended in Sri Lanka?
Answer: 18 May 2009
21. Which monument was made from the Pietra Dura technique?
Answer: Taj Mahal
22. Narmada River Originates from:
23. Which part of the Indian Constitution includes Fundamental rights?
Answer: Part III (Article 12 to 35)
24. When was the Soviet Union dissolved?
Answer: 26 December 1991
25. When the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was came into existence?
Answer: February 02, 2006
26. In which year USA became democratic nation?
27. In which year Napoleon Bonaparte faced defeat?
28. What is the Blood Group of Universal donor?
Answer: 0- (O Negative) Blood Group
29. Which of the following is not included in the Three tier system of Panchayat Raj?
Answer: Gram Panchayat(vlllage level), Mandal Parishad or Block SamIti or Panchaat Samiti (block level), and Zila Parishad (district level) is a part of Three-Tier System.
30. On which personality longest statue has been built in India?
Answer: Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
31. Which movie depicts the story of 1st Hockey Olympics tournament of Independent India?
32. Which is the largest brackish water lake in India?
Answer: Chilika Lake, Odisha
33. Ice Skating is done on what kind of track?
Answer: Ice Rink
34. Who is the author of ‘Straight from the heart’?
Answer: Kapil Dev
35. Who is the author of ‘A century is not enough’?
Answer: Saurav Ganguly
36. In which year Manushi Chillar was crowned Miss World?
37. Which is the smallest bird in the world’?
Answer: Humming bird
38. Who is the first Indian Woman Pilot to fly fighter plane MIG-21 bison?
Answer: Avani Chaturvedi
39. Type of Soil found in deltas made by Kaveri river.
Answer: Alluvial soil
40. Begum Hazrat Mahal is related to which revolt?
Answer: India’s First War of independence (1837-58)
41. Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is located on which river?
Answer: Krishna River
42. National Sports Day is celebrated on:
Answer: 29th August
43. In 1920, where was the Congress Session held?
44. USSR was disintegrated in the year:
Answer: December 1991
45. Who is the current RBI Governor?
Answer: Shaktikanta Das
46. Who has written the book ‘2020’?
Answer: Chetan Bhagat
47. The third Battle of Panipat was fought on:
Answer: 14th January 1761
48. Who appoints Chief Minister of Delhi?
Answer: President of India
49. Ajanta Caves are situated in:
Answer: Aurangabad district of Maharashtra state of India.
50. Present Railway Minister of India:
Answer: Piyush Goyal
51. When was Mahatama Gandhi born?
Answer: 2 October 1869
52. When did Mahatama Gandhi died?
Answer: 30 January 1948
53. Who is called the Iron Man of India?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
54. What is the symbol of Gold?
55. Solar system was discovered by:
56. India highest mountain
57. BJP founded by which person?
Answer: Syama Prasad Mukherjee
58. Which of the following festivals is celebrated in Kerala?
59. Which soil is found in northern plains of India?
Answer: Alluvial soil
60. Which grass is found in Himalayas?
61. Mirabai Chinu belongs to which sport?
62. Duece word is related to which game?
63. Which one is the best conductor of Electricity?
64. Garba Dance belongs to which state?
65. Which Pakistan Citizen got the Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Khan Abdur Gaffar Khan
66. 1st chief minister of UP:
Answer: Govind Ballabh Pant
67. Who started zamindari system?
68. Which turn red litmus into blue?
69. Right to Education is associated with which amendment?
Answer: Eighty-sixth Amendment Act, 2002 inserted Article 21-A in the Constitution of India.
70. Who is the Vice President of NITI Ayog?
Answer: Dr. Rajiv Kumar
71. Who is the first Indian to win gold in Gymnastics World Challenge Cup 2018?
Answer: Dipa Karmakar
72. Bhima River originates from:
Answer: Sahyadri, in Pune District, Maharashtra state
73. Which Article of Constitution states that India is union of states?
Answer: Article 1
74. Nobel peace prize in 2018 was given to:
Answer: Denis Mukwege Mukengere, Nadia Murad
75. As per ICC Ranking who is the No. 1 Cricketer in the world?
Answer: Virat Kohli
76. Abdul Kalam Azad Award 2018 was given to:
Answer: K Senthil Kumar (Director of Centre for Aerospace Research, Anna University), S Thamaraiselvi, C. U. Hari and A Mohammed Rasheed, contributed to avionics and research on UAV.
77. Disease of short-sightedness is known as:
78. Chemical Name of Vitriol:
Answer: Sulphuric Acid
79. Chemical Name of Spirits of Salts:
Answer: Hydrochloric Acid
80. India’s First National Park:
Answer: Jim Corbett National Park established in 1936 as Hailey National Park
81. Name of silver coin introduced by Sher Shah Suri.
82. High Court of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is under the Jurisdiction:
Answer: Calcutta High Court
83. Durand Cup is associated with which sports:
84. Modern Olympics was started in:
Answer: April 6, 1896, the first modern Olympic Games are held in Athens, Greece.
85. Human rights Day is celebrated on:
Answer: 10th December
86. In Vaccum, Velocity of Sound is:
Answer: Zero Meters Per Second
87. First Viceroy of India:
Answer: Lord Canning
88. Jnanpith award winner 2017:
Answer: Krishna Sobti
89. Waterloo battle was fought in which year?
Answer: 18 June 1815
90. Hampi is located in which state?
91. Zaskar, Nubra, Shyok And Hunza are the tributaries of:
Answer: Indus in the Kashmir region
92. Malta is located in which sea?
Answer: Mediterranean Sea
93. Who initiated Market Policy in India?
Answer: Alauddin Khalji
94. Vasco da Gama came by which ship?
Answer: São Gabriel
95. Chief Guest of 26th January 2019:
Answer: South African President Cyril Ramaphosa
96. Director of Movie Manikarnika:
Answer: Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi and Kangana Ranaut
97. Where is tomb of Sher Shah Suri located?
Answer: Sasaram town of Bihar state, India
98. Protein factory of cell is also known as:
Elementary Mathematics (25 Questions)
This section was mainly covered by Basic Mathematics Question (25 questions) from Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc. Below are some memory based questions from Mathematics Section of GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam:
1. A shopkeeper allows a discount of 22.5% on the marked price of a certain article and makes a profit of 40%. If the article costs the shopkeeper Rs.155, then the marked price of the article will be:
a) Rs. 49
b) Rs. 39
c) Rs. 59
d) Rs. 69
3. A boy covers a certain distance between his hostel and office on scooter. Having an average speed of 15 km/hr, he is late by 10min. however, with a speed of 20 km/hr, he reaches his office 5 min earlier. Find the distance between his house and office.
a) 15 km.
b) 25 km
c) 20 km
d) 30.5 km
4. 26% of 900 × ?% of 1042=4168
e) None of the above
5. 4 9 20 43 90 ?
Explanation: The series is
X 2 + 1, X 2 + 2, X 2 + 3, X 2 + 4, X 2 + 5
English or Hindi (25 Questions)
This section had option of choosing language between English or Hindi (25 Questions). Below are some memory based questions from English or Hindi Section of GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam:
1. Synonym of Appropriate? - English
2. ‘Naach na jaane aangan tedha’ phrase meaning - Hindi
3. Indra ka Prayvachi Shabd - Hindi
4. Arjun ka Prayvachi Shabd – Hindi
5. Spelling of Millennium – English
6. Antonym of Abolish - English
7. Synonym of Transparent - English
8. ‘Apne muh miya mithu’ phrase meaning - Hindi
9. “See eye to eye” idiom - English
10. Chandrma ka prayavachi - Hindi
11. Paroksh meaning - Hindi
As per the feedback shared by the candidates who have appeared this year for SSC GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam, the questions asked in Reasoning, Maths, English or Hindi and General Awareness Section were of Easy to moderate level. Candidates are advised to go through the above questions thoroughly for scoring high marks in this section.