CBSE Class 12th Chapter, The p-Block Elements (Group 17) carries 08 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- Why is the fluorine smallest in size than all elements?
- What is the trend for the negative electron gain enthalpy for halogens elements down the group? Why if fluorine a special case?
- Fluorine is a stronger oxidizing agent than chlorine?
- Why does fluorine form only one oxo-acid?
- Why do different elements in the halogen group have different colors?
- Why cannot fluorine attain the oxidation states of +4 and +6?
- How can you account for the anomalous behavior of fluorine?
- SnCl4Is more covalent than SnCl2. Comment?
a) Deacon’s process
b) Electrolytic process for chlorine
c) Preparation of inter halogen compounds
- Explain the bleaching action of chlorine?
- Give the chemical formula for the following:
b) Hypochlorous Acid
c) Mustard Gas
d) Periodic Acid
e) Tear Gas
- On the basis of VSEPR theory deduce the molecular shape of following:
c) Perchloric Acid
- Why is ICl more reactive than ?
- Complete the given equations:
- Why does the chlorine water loses its yellow color due to the formation of HCl and HOCl?
- Give two uses of ClO2?
- Explain the reaction of oxygen with that of halogens?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………