Since June 2012, UGC NET exam is being conducted in objective mode in two sessions comprising of three papers. There will be a total of three papers wherein Paper-I will gauge candidates on their Teaching and Research Aptitude while paper-II and Paper-III will be based on subject opted by the applicants. The dates for UGC NET June 2013 will be announced soon by UGC.
Since almost 3 months are left for the examination, experts at jagranjosh.com have enlisted certain tips for the aspirants to prepare better and excel in the exam.
- Start preparing with a time schedule: As the syllabus for the examination is wide and only three months are left, one should start preparing ahead of time, in fact now. Proper schedule and sticking to that is the key to success of any examination. One should organize a schedule for the topics to be covered for the examination to kick start his/ her preparation for exam. Try to allocate sufficient time to each topic of the syllabus.
- Be focussed: Since, there will be two papers based on your chosen subject, try to focus more on your subject more over the General Paper. Don’t sideline the teaching and research aptitude paper too as it is also important to qualify the NET examination.
- Make Brief Notes: After deciding what one needs to study and how much time is required to spend on each topic, it is time to actually study. One of the best ways is to make brief notes or summarize what one has study. Outlining or highlighting the areas which requires more attention is also a good technique.
- Tick mark the topic covered: One should ensure that the covered topic is tick marked once completed. By tick marking, one will have an idea while revising which topics are left with and where can one find the study material and content from.
- Get Assistance: There might be many topics which one has not came across during his/ her course of study or some topics which is out of one’s acquaintance and needs help to understand or overcome the doubts. Since there is enough time left for the examination, one can easily get the help of the teachers or fellows for better understanding of the troublesome topics. Make a list of those topics or chunks of the topics and discuss with the teachers and fellows thoroughly. One can also enrol himself/ herself in coaching institutes for preparation.
- Sleep Well and Eat Healthy: It’s a saying ‘Healthy body is healthy mind’ and one must not ignore it. One should eat healthy food, exercise well on time and take proper amount of sleep to attain a healthy body and so healthy mind. Without healthy mind, one can’t climb the ladders of success.
Realise that it just an exam and not an end to your life. Understand that we all get anxious at times and hence you should not shut doors to the outer world. Talk to family members and meet friends to freshen up and reduce unnecessary stress levels.
All the Best!