Union Public Service Commission invited applications for CISF Assistant Commandants Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013. The examination will be conducted for Assistant Commandants (Executive) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) for the vacancy year 2013. The candidates eligible for the posts can apply through prescribed posts before 15 July 2013. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination and Combined Medical Services Examination.
• Opening Date of Online Applications: 15 June 2013
• Closing Date of Online Applications: 15 July 2013
• Last date of receipt of application: 26 July 2013
Name of Post: Assistant Commandant Executive
A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 1 August 2013 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2 August 1978. However, the upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Schedule Caste or a Schedule Tribe.
The candidates should have completed 4 years of regular service as on 1 January 2013 in the rank of Sub. Inspector (GD) / Inspector (GD) including the period of basic training and should have clean service record for 04 years of the ACR and not having any major punishment in the entire service career.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standard Tests or Personality/Interview Tests.
Scheme of Written Examination
The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will comprise two papers as follows.
Paper-I: General ability and Intelligence and Professional Skill, (300 marks) (150 questions) (2 ½ hours)
Paper II: Essay, Precise Writing and Comprehension – 100 Marks (2 hours)
• For Men : Height : 165 cm, Chest : 81-86 cm, Weight : Corresponding to height
• For Women : Height : 157 cm, Chest : not applicable, Weight : Corresponding to height
How to apply
• The candidates are required to fill in the application form online on the UPSC’s website www.upsc.gov.in before 15 July 2013.
• After submission of online application, take printout of system generated application form and send along with all relevant documents to the address given below:
Central Industrial Security Force,
13, CGO Complex,
Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003