With DU Cut offs List 2019 already released; now it’s time for the selected lucky students to gear-up for the admission process. The first and most important step in this direction would be document verification. University of Delhi has notified a list of documents that are mandatory to be presented for verification at the time of admission. After the online registration on the DU admission portal, candidates need to keep the original documents ready for the purpose of verification at college in which they have applied for admission.
So, let’s look at what process do applicants have to follow after the declaration of cutoffs.
DU Admission 2019 Process
Once the University of Delhi releases a cut-off for admission to merit-based courses, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below to get admission:
1. Download the DU Online Application form, from the DU admission Portal and take its print out
2. Keep side the originals of all the important documents required at the time of Document Verification
3. Document Verification at the Respective Reporting Center
4. Report at the place of Admission (College where you want to seek admission)
5. Once the documents are verified/approved, pay the fee through admission login portal
Is DU document verification necessary?
Document verification is a mandatory part of the admission process. The teacher in-charge at the respective reporting center will verify your documents. After the documents are verified by the Head of the college/Principal, you will receive a payment link on the online portal to pay the DU admission fee. After the approval of admission by the Head of Institution, you will get time of 24 hours to make fee payment. On successful payment of admission fees of the respective college, you will be granted provisional admission to the said college.
A message would appear on the computer screen stating -
"Congratulations! You are now a Provisional student of University of Delhi, subject to verification of all your documents and satisfying all other eligibility and merit criteria."
DU Document Verification: For Merit-Based Courses
Document Verification for Merit-Based Courses is an online process. The teacher in-charge will verify your documents online. You need to share your unique registration ID with the teacher In-charge of the respective Department/College. After this, you need to show your original documents for verification.
In case your documents cannot be verified online, the College will give you provisional admission. Thereafter, you need to produce the originals of the required documentswithin a week after the last day of UG Admissions for forensic verification. In case you fail to produce the originals of required documents, the admission stands cancelled.
DU Document verification: For Entrance based courses
For the candidates who will be appearing in the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET), after they clear the entrance, and are eligible for admission to the targeted course, they will also have to undergo document verification process. The process will remain the same as for the merit-based courses. However for some courses such as:
1. B.A. in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj),
2. B.A. (Hons.) in Hindustani Music: Vocal/ Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/ Guitar/Violin/Santoor), and
3. B.A. (Hons.) in KarnatakMusicVocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin), among other courses
On the day of the entrance exam, candidates will be asked to carry original documents (mark-sheets, degrees etc.) along with a photocopy of each document. Only after the verification of the documents, you will be allowed to appear in the practical test.
DU Admission 2019: List of Documents for Verification
Here is a list of documents required for verification during the admission process at the college by the teacher in-charge:
1. Hard Copy of DU Admission Application form 2019
2. Three Passport size photograph of the applicant
3. Class X certificate/marksheet containing Date of Birth
4. Class XII Mark Sheet, if results have been announced
5. SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the Applicant) issued by the competent authority
6. OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Applicant) issued on or after March 31, 2019. The OBC caste must be included in Central list issued by the Government of India
7. EWS Certificate issued by SDM certifying the applicant can claim reservation under this category, dated March 31, 2019 or later, and
8. Sports and/or ECA certificates, if applying under these categories
What if the documents are fake/falsified?
If any document is found to be false attested or proved submission of falsified records, then you will be debarred from the University and the colleges and penal action will be taken against you.It is advised to restrain from producing misleading information at the time of application submission.
You will receive DU admission confirmation from the college only if the verification of the documents is approved by the teacher in-charge and the Principal of the college. Without submitting these documents, youwill be entitled to provisional admission status only.
For more interesting updates on Delhi University Admission season, keep visiting Delhi University section of jagranjosh.com.