What are Hybrid Computers?
- These are computer that uses types of signals-----analog as well as digital as input.
- Mostly used with process control equipment in continuous production plants. Eg oil refineries
- Areas of application are nuclear power plants, mines, intensive care units of hospital (ICU), Chemical process plants etc.
- Hybrid computers are computers that are designed to provide functions and features that are found with both analog computers and digital computers.
- A hybrid computer is extremely fast when it comes to managing equations, even when those calculations are extremely complicated.