SSC conducts recruitment in various posts for the different ministries and departments in India. The candidates are selected through online examination comprising of 4 Tiers and there will be no personal interview conducted by the commission from this year onwards. The commission conducts Online test in mainly four phases, which includes a Tier-I, II, III & IV. The Tier-I examination consists of questions lesser than that of the Tier-II and the level of questions too are less difficult.
The candidates need to prepare for both examinations separately as the candidates need to undergo these examinations after a gap. They should make sure that they undergo the syllabus of both examinations carefully before starting to prepare for the same.
The Tier-II Online examination is a tougher examination in part of the candidates and requires preparation of intense level. There are a number of papers and consequently the number of questions in the Tier-II exam for the posts. For Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) posts SSC doesn’t carry out two round written test.
Strategy for SSC Tier-II Examination: Following strategy is needed to follow:-
- The candidates preparing for the Tier-II examination must undergo the syllabus of the Tier-II examination beforehand.
- It is advisable to start preparing for the Tier-II examination along with the Tier-I, once the candidates fill up their application forms. This can help candidates in preparing for the Tier-II examination better and give extra time for their preparation. Those candidates who wait till the Tier-I results are out to start preparing for the Tier-II examination, often fail to cover the topics in the overall syllabus and their performance gets affected.
- The Tier-II examination requires regular practice and solving of previous year questions. It is important to manage time in Tier-II Online Examination as well, because there is more number of questions in the Tier-II Online Examination which needs to get solved by the candidates.
- The candidates should also undergo mock question papers to get perfect idea of the questions asked in the examination. The candidates must find out their weak areas to address them carefully and work out to better that by and large.
- The Tier-II examination is a filtered examination with difficulty level greater than that of the Tier-I. Hence, the candidates need to make sure that they give their best to overcome the last written test in the overall recruitment process.
Difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 Examination:
The Tier-II Online Examination of SSC is different from that of the Tier-I examination in the following manner.
- The Tier-I examination contains less number of papers and consequently less number of questions that that of the Tier-II.
- The difficulty level of the questions is also lower than that of the Tier-II and thus the approach of candidates should be different for both the Online Examination by the candidates.
- They should also keep the time factor in mind. While there is less number of questions in the Tier-I examination, it also gives less time to solve the questions. On the contrary the Tier-II examination is generally a longer duration examination with more intense questions to be solved.
- The pre examination is the very first Online Examination that the candidates need to undergo for SSC recruitment, and thus many candidates tend to focus their entire time and energy to the Tier-I syllabus. The best way to prepare for the SSC Online Examination is to divide time for each of the examination and understanding the syllabus properly before initiating.