Rura railway station in Kanpur Dehat: 15 coaches of Sealdah Ajmer 12987 Express train derailed
15 coaches of Sealdah Ajmer 12987 Express train derailed near Rura railway station in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh on 28 December 2016. Two coaches fell in the canal which is just before Rura station which is around 50 Kilometres away from Kanpur.
As per reports, the accident claimed lives of at least two people and more than 30 passengers were injured. Relief and rescue operations are underway. The accident took place around 5:30 am.
After the accident, the railways have issued helpline number for general public. The number is
• Helpline Railway number: 1072 at Allahabad, Kanpur Central, Tundla & Aligarh Junction
• Chunar: 035- 28272, 28273
• Mirzapur: 035-27131
• Fatehpur: 035-29257, 29258
• Kanpur 0512-2323015, 2323016, 2323018
• Allahabad: 0532- 2408149, 2408128, 2407353
• Tundla: 05612- 220337, 220338, 220339
• Aligarh: 0571- 2404056, 2404055
This is the second such accident that occurred in within weeks in the same region. Earlier on 20 November 2016, 14 coaches of the Indore-Patna Express derailed at Pukhrayan in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh. The accident claimed lives of more than 120 people. The tragedy could have been caused due to a rail fracture.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.