Amazon to sell Amul products online in the US
The collaboration is a part of Amazon’s Global Selling Programme, which is aimed at giving easy access to Indian sellers to consumers across the globe.
In an exclusive association, e-commerce giant Amazon is going to sell popular Indian dairy brand Amul’s products online in the United States.
The alliance is a part of Amazon’s Global Selling Programme, which was launched in India in May 2015. It will bring the brand’s products within reach of American consumers.
Initially, Amazon will only be putting up Amul Ghee and Gulab Jamun for sale but more would be following suit. Amul Ghee according to the website is one of the top stock units in its ‘butter and margarine’ category.
This would mark the dairy brand’s first official entry into the online space in the US. Though it is already selling its products there through traditional retail channels for the past 20 years, this move would expand its reach to a larger audience.
About Amazon’s ‘Global Selling Program’
• The program is aimed at making it easy for Indian sellers to sell their ‘Make in India’ products to consumers across the world.
• It offers an end-to-end solution to each seller such as assisting them with imaging, logistics, tax advisory and remittance.
• It covers all sellers, including small and medium-sized enterprises, manufacturers, entrepreneurs and large brands.
• After the launch of the program, there has been a 70 percent increase in online sellers in comparison to last year. A total of almost 18000 Indian sellers have started selling globally across the e-tailer’s 9 global marketplaces.
• Some of the retail brands that fall under the category include Biba, Fab India, Himalaya, Organic India and Liberty Shoes. These sellers have to though pay commission equivalent to a local seller of the country in which they plan to sell.